LG Optimus G Debuts in India for ₹34,500
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 28, 2013 5:03 PM EST
South Korean electronics firm LG has officially rolled out its much-anticipated Optimus G smartphone to the Indian market.
At ₹34,500, the price of the Android smartphone is on the more expensive side as against the prices exhibited on online retailers. LG Optimus G was spotted on various e-retailers last week with a price tag of ₹30,990.
Consumers in India have been anticipating the arrival of the Optimus G since its global debut last year. Reports said that its late entry may see LG facing stiff competition with other tech giants who have already gained momentum in the Indian smartphone market.
Despite its long overdue debut, the company is banking on the features of Optimus G to help it stand out among its rivals.
"LG Optimus G meets the growing consumer demand by offering ample features like 13MP rear camera, dual screen/dual play, QSlide, quick translator and NFC," said Soon Kwon, President South West Asia Region & MD, LG India.
The smartphone sports a 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus display with 1280x768 pixel resolution and is powered by a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor. It runs on Android Jelly Bean operating system, packs a 13-megapixel rear camera with 1080p video recording capabilities at 30fps and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera.
Other specifications and features include 2GB RAM, 32GB built in memory, connectivity support for GPRS, EDGE, HSPA, WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC, and USB, full HD video playback, QSlide, Qtranslator, Quick Memo, ECO Mode, Path Keypad, Talk Back, Back-up Application, Live Zoom, Document Viewer and Video Editor App. The smartphone packs a 2100 mAh battery which is claimed to give 15 hours of talk time and 14 days of standby time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8