LG Optimus G Debuts in India for ₹34,500
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 28, 2013 5:03 PM EST
South Korean electronics firm LG has officially rolled out its much-anticipated Optimus G smartphone to the Indian market.
At ₹34,500, the price of the Android smartphone is on the more expensive side as against the prices exhibited on online retailers. LG Optimus G was spotted on various e-retailers last week with a price tag of ₹30,990.
Consumers in India have been anticipating the arrival of the Optimus G since its global debut last year. Reports said that its late entry may see LG facing stiff competition with other tech giants who have already gained momentum in the Indian smartphone market.
Despite its long overdue debut, the company is banking on the features of Optimus G to help it stand out among its rivals.
"LG Optimus G meets the growing consumer demand by offering ample features like 13MP rear camera, dual screen/dual play, QSlide, quick translator and NFC," said Soon Kwon, President South West Asia Region & MD, LG India.
The smartphone sports a 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus display with 1280x768 pixel resolution and is powered by a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor. It runs on Android Jelly Bean operating system, packs a 13-megapixel rear camera with 1080p video recording capabilities at 30fps and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera.
Other specifications and features include 2GB RAM, 32GB built in memory, connectivity support for GPRS, EDGE, HSPA, WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC, and USB, full HD video playback, QSlide, Qtranslator, Quick Memo, ECO Mode, Path Keypad, Talk Back, Back-up Application, Live Zoom, Document Viewer and Video Editor App. The smartphone packs a 2100 mAh battery which is claimed to give 15 hours of talk time and 14 days of standby time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories