Top 5 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Features Confirmed by Samsung at CES, MWC 2013
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 28, 2013 4:13 PM EST
Some of the technologies announced at the recent Consumers Electronic Show and Mobile World Congress give hints on what is included in the specs and features of the much awaited smartphone-tablet hybrid device of Samsung.
On the other hand, iDigitalTimes reported that the Galaxy Note 3 release date is pegged for Samsung's Q2 (summer 2013) just in time to compete with Apple's next iPhone launch.
Industry analysts predict that Samsung will unveil the highly anticipated Galaxy S4 in April 2013 before announcing the Galaxy Note 3 release date for either late Q2 or early Q3; in layman's terms that probably June or July, which just happens to be around the same time we expect Apple to launch their next iteration of the iPhone.
"The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date might be scheduled for late Q2 2013 or early Q3 2013, in an attempt to bite a large chunk of iPhone 5S' market share pie," Android Geeks stated.
The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is also rumoured to have a massive 6.3 inch flexible screen display and Samsug's newest eight core processor. Samsung is also speculated to put a generous 70% increase in battery life, and at this time wireless carrier availability and pricing has not been revealed.
Below are the top five features confirmed by the South Korea company at the previous tech events.
1. Eight Core Processor - Samsung boasts the powerful eight core processor at the CES event last month. Samsung noted that the chip is now ready for use in upcoming smartphones and tablets.
2. Larger Screen Size - The recently announced Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 at the Mobile World Congress has a screen size of 8 inches. We can expect that the Note 3 will upgrade its screen size up to 6 inches.
3. Latest Jelly Bean OS - The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will definitely run with the latest Jelly Bean OS on its release. It may include the latest 4.2 Jelly Bean or the rumoured Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie.
4. Visa's payWave - It appears that the smartphone will be featuring Visa's payWave NFC-based wireless payment application. Visa has confirmed the partnership with Samsung and its wallet application will be included on the manufacturer's devices with NFC support.
5. Longer Battery Life - The new Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 has a 4600 mAh battery. The Note 3 will definitely receive an increase in battery life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced