Crowley, Roskam Hold Briefing on India Caucus
February 28, 2013 4:09 PM EST
US House of Representatives Joe Crowley (NY-14) and Peter Roskam (IL-06), co-chairs of the Congressional Caucus on India and Indian-Americans, held a briefing with State Department Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Robert O. Blake, Jr. and U.S. Ambassador to India Nancy Powell on the future of U.S.-India relations. The briefing was attended by 12 members of the Caucus as well as senior-level staff.
"As India plays an increasingly important role on the global stage, U.S.-India relations have never been more relevant," said Crowley in a statement. "Today's briefing provided invaluable insight to members of the India Caucus and I thank Assistant Secretary Blake and Ambassador Powell for taking the time to meet with us."
"Today's briefing confirmed that there are vast opportunities that our strong U.S.-India partnership will provide for the common priorities of our two countries. I'm glad we have these open lines of communication that will help to make our relationship effective and work to keep our commitment to trade and investment, global security and democracy," said Roskam, in a statement.
In January, Crowley and Roskam were named co-chairs of the Congressional Caucus on India and Indian-Americans for the 113th Congress. A bi-partisan group formed in 1993, the Caucus is an influential voice on issues pertaining torelations between the U.S. and India, as well as the growing Indian-American community in the U.S. (Global India Newswire/AmericanBazaarOnline.com)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Kiwi Couple Sues Lawyers for Denial of Holiday Perk in Luxury Resort
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports