Arsenal Manager Denies Contract Extension, Dutch Player Reacts to Transfer
By Ryan Inoyori | February 28, 2013 2:54 PM EST
Around the last week of February 2013, Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger has been reported to be preparing for an offer of a two-year extension of his contract. Wenger is one of the highest-paid bosses in the world with £7M per year worth of salary. Speculations float that he will be signing new terms before summer.
But Wenger denied the rumour in a press conference with BBC Sports.
The video stresses on Wenger's denial of any new contract signing with a two-year extension. He became frustrated when a journalist kept on asking questions about what happened in recent seasons and replied, "I have won the FA Cup four times, who has won it more?"
As the rumours about a possible Wenger extension for the Arsenals swirls, other transfer speculations suddenly heated up.
Some of the names that Wenger wanted for his wish list are Pepe Reina from Liverpool, Nicolas N'Koulou of Marseille, Etienne Capoue of Toulouse and Stevan Jovetic of Fiorentina.
In early February, Wenger confirmed his admiration for the Uruguayan player Edinson Cavani. Cavani's release clause is reportedly worth £54M and Napoli would not agree to allow the 25-year-old player to leave for anything less.
With too many players under Arsenal's transfer list, the Dutch Star Daryl Janmaat is not letting any rumours or speculations to distract his concentration and focus to help his current team. Janmaat was also considered a potential replacement for the Gunners defender Bacary Sagna who could have a high-profile name to leave club in the end of the season.
The Dutch Star is an emerging contender to succeed Sagna at Arsenal for the next transfer window but Janmaat told the public he will not let his mind be affected with any thoughts about the possibility to be an Arsenal transfer. He is currently committed to the Feyenoord for the remainder of the season.
"Arsenal's interest in me? I'm only thinking about Feyenoord now. Much remains to be played this season before thinking about the transfer market," Daryl Janmaat told Voetbal International.
Besides Daryl Janmaat, other players such Nani of the Manchester United, the youngster Nathaniel Chalobah of the Chelsea are also mentioned in the Arsenal Transfer speculations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June