Arsenal Manager Denies Contract Extension, Dutch Player Reacts to Transfer
By Ryan Inoyori | February 28, 2013 2:54 PM EST
Around the last week of February 2013, Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger has been reported to be preparing for an offer of a two-year extension of his contract. Wenger is one of the highest-paid bosses in the world with £7M per year worth of salary. Speculations float that he will be signing new terms before summer.
But Wenger denied the rumour in a press conference with BBC Sports.
The video stresses on Wenger's denial of any new contract signing with a two-year extension. He became frustrated when a journalist kept on asking questions about what happened in recent seasons and replied, "I have won the FA Cup four times, who has won it more?"
As the rumours about a possible Wenger extension for the Arsenals swirls, other transfer speculations suddenly heated up.
Some of the names that Wenger wanted for his wish list are Pepe Reina from Liverpool, Nicolas N'Koulou of Marseille, Etienne Capoue of Toulouse and Stevan Jovetic of Fiorentina.
In early February, Wenger confirmed his admiration for the Uruguayan player Edinson Cavani. Cavani's release clause is reportedly worth £54M and Napoli would not agree to allow the 25-year-old player to leave for anything less.
With too many players under Arsenal's transfer list, the Dutch Star Daryl Janmaat is not letting any rumours or speculations to distract his concentration and focus to help his current team. Janmaat was also considered a potential replacement for the Gunners defender Bacary Sagna who could have a high-profile name to leave club in the end of the season.
The Dutch Star is an emerging contender to succeed Sagna at Arsenal for the next transfer window but Janmaat told the public he will not let his mind be affected with any thoughts about the possibility to be an Arsenal transfer. He is currently committed to the Feyenoord for the remainder of the season.
"Arsenal's interest in me? I'm only thinking about Feyenoord now. Much remains to be played this season before thinking about the transfer market," Daryl Janmaat told Voetbal International.
Besides Daryl Janmaat, other players such Nani of the Manchester United, the youngster Nathaniel Chalobah of the Chelsea are also mentioned in the Arsenal Transfer speculations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft