Arsenal Manager Denies Contract Extension, Dutch Player Reacts to Transfer
By Ryan Inoyori | February 28, 2013 2:54 PM EST
Around the last week of February 2013, Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger has been reported to be preparing for an offer of a two-year extension of his contract. Wenger is one of the highest-paid bosses in the world with £7M per year worth of salary. Speculations float that he will be signing new terms before summer.
But Wenger denied the rumour in a press conference with BBC Sports.
The video stresses on Wenger's denial of any new contract signing with a two-year extension. He became frustrated when a journalist kept on asking questions about what happened in recent seasons and replied, "I have won the FA Cup four times, who has won it more?"
As the rumours about a possible Wenger extension for the Arsenals swirls, other transfer speculations suddenly heated up.
Some of the names that Wenger wanted for his wish list are Pepe Reina from Liverpool, Nicolas N'Koulou of Marseille, Etienne Capoue of Toulouse and Stevan Jovetic of Fiorentina.
In early February, Wenger confirmed his admiration for the Uruguayan player Edinson Cavani. Cavani's release clause is reportedly worth £54M and Napoli would not agree to allow the 25-year-old player to leave for anything less.
With too many players under Arsenal's transfer list, the Dutch Star Daryl Janmaat is not letting any rumours or speculations to distract his concentration and focus to help his current team. Janmaat was also considered a potential replacement for the Gunners defender Bacary Sagna who could have a high-profile name to leave club in the end of the season.
The Dutch Star is an emerging contender to succeed Sagna at Arsenal for the next transfer window but Janmaat told the public he will not let his mind be affected with any thoughts about the possibility to be an Arsenal transfer. He is currently committed to the Feyenoord for the remainder of the season.
"Arsenal's interest in me? I'm only thinking about Feyenoord now. Much remains to be played this season before thinking about the transfer market," Daryl Janmaat told Voetbal International.
Besides Daryl Janmaat, other players such Nani of the Manchester United, the youngster Nathaniel Chalobah of the Chelsea are also mentioned in the Arsenal Transfer speculations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate