Arsenal Manager Denies Contract Extension, Dutch Player Reacts to Transfer
By Ryan Inoyori | February 28, 2013 2:54 PM EST
Around the last week of February 2013, Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger has been reported to be preparing for an offer of a two-year extension of his contract. Wenger is one of the highest-paid bosses in the world with £7M per year worth of salary. Speculations float that he will be signing new terms before summer.
But Wenger denied the rumour in a press conference with BBC Sports.
The video stresses on Wenger's denial of any new contract signing with a two-year extension. He became frustrated when a journalist kept on asking questions about what happened in recent seasons and replied, "I have won the FA Cup four times, who has won it more?"
As the rumours about a possible Wenger extension for the Arsenals swirls, other transfer speculations suddenly heated up.
Some of the names that Wenger wanted for his wish list are Pepe Reina from Liverpool, Nicolas N'Koulou of Marseille, Etienne Capoue of Toulouse and Stevan Jovetic of Fiorentina.
In early February, Wenger confirmed his admiration for the Uruguayan player Edinson Cavani. Cavani's release clause is reportedly worth £54M and Napoli would not agree to allow the 25-year-old player to leave for anything less.
With too many players under Arsenal's transfer list, the Dutch Star Daryl Janmaat is not letting any rumours or speculations to distract his concentration and focus to help his current team. Janmaat was also considered a potential replacement for the Gunners defender Bacary Sagna who could have a high-profile name to leave club in the end of the season.
The Dutch Star is an emerging contender to succeed Sagna at Arsenal for the next transfer window but Janmaat told the public he will not let his mind be affected with any thoughts about the possibility to be an Arsenal transfer. He is currently committed to the Feyenoord for the remainder of the season.
"Arsenal's interest in me? I'm only thinking about Feyenoord now. Much remains to be played this season before thinking about the transfer market," Daryl Janmaat told Voetbal International.
Besides Daryl Janmaat, other players such Nani of the Manchester United, the youngster Nathaniel Chalobah of the Chelsea are also mentioned in the Arsenal Transfer speculations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports