Arsenal Manager Denies Contract Extension, Dutch Player Reacts to Transfer
By Ryan Inoyori | February 28, 2013 2:54 PM EST
Around the last week of February 2013, Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger has been reported to be preparing for an offer of a two-year extension of his contract. Wenger is one of the highest-paid bosses in the world with £7M per year worth of salary. Speculations float that he will be signing new terms before summer.
But Wenger denied the rumour in a press conference with BBC Sports.
The video stresses on Wenger's denial of any new contract signing with a two-year extension. He became frustrated when a journalist kept on asking questions about what happened in recent seasons and replied, "I have won the FA Cup four times, who has won it more?"
As the rumours about a possible Wenger extension for the Arsenals swirls, other transfer speculations suddenly heated up.
Some of the names that Wenger wanted for his wish list are Pepe Reina from Liverpool, Nicolas N'Koulou of Marseille, Etienne Capoue of Toulouse and Stevan Jovetic of Fiorentina.
In early February, Wenger confirmed his admiration for the Uruguayan player Edinson Cavani. Cavani's release clause is reportedly worth £54M and Napoli would not agree to allow the 25-year-old player to leave for anything less.
With too many players under Arsenal's transfer list, the Dutch Star Daryl Janmaat is not letting any rumours or speculations to distract his concentration and focus to help his current team. Janmaat was also considered a potential replacement for the Gunners defender Bacary Sagna who could have a high-profile name to leave club in the end of the season.
The Dutch Star is an emerging contender to succeed Sagna at Arsenal for the next transfer window but Janmaat told the public he will not let his mind be affected with any thoughts about the possibility to be an Arsenal transfer. He is currently committed to the Feyenoord for the remainder of the season.
"Arsenal's interest in me? I'm only thinking about Feyenoord now. Much remains to be played this season before thinking about the transfer market," Daryl Janmaat told Voetbal International.
Besides Daryl Janmaat, other players such Nani of the Manchester United, the youngster Nathaniel Chalobah of the Chelsea are also mentioned in the Arsenal Transfer speculations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia