Chris Brown & Rihanna-Inspired ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Gets Mixed Reviews For Caleb Bryant
By Maria Vultaggio | February 28, 2013 2:39 PM EST
“Law & Order: SVU” has run a controversial 14th season. First it had convicted rapist Mike Tyson play a rape victim, and now there is an episode about relationship abuse that seems heavily based on the tumultuous saga of Chris Brown and Rihanna.
Fans were shocked when photos of a bruised and battered Rihanna surfaced in 2009 — they were even more surprised to find that her boyfriend Brown was to blame.
Ever since the altercation, which Rihanna (real name Robyn Rihanna Fenty) never pressed charges for, the two have been in and out of the tabloids.
Rihanna even recently cried during an interview with Oprah Winfrey, saying that while everyone was worried about her safety, she was more concerned about Brown and how people were treating him because of their fight.
The two have gotten back together recently, just in time for the “Funny Valentine” episode to air on Wednesday.
Twitter began to pour out posts on the episode.
“That awkward moment when your life can be an episode on Law & Order... @rihanna @chrisbrown,” @KINGBeysus said.
Some were shocked by what they saw:
“Law & order got BALLS..they actually mentioned rihanna and chris brown #lawandorder,” @butterbrownluv tweeted.
Others didn’t like where the show went, writing, “So according to law & order if @rihanna stays with @chrisbrown he's going to end up killing her. Pitifu,” and “Maaan i luv sum Law & Order but that epi was jus baaad dude playin breezy cant act n chick who suppose to be riri horrible foh #teambreezy.”
Twitter has picked up on the Caleb Bryant (i.e. Chris Brown) character due to their identical initials and since "L&O" described the episode as being "ripped from the headlines."
Chris Brown and Rihanna are both on Twitter and don’t shy away from controversy but haven’t publicly commented on the “Funny Valentine” edition of SVU yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop