Chris Brown & Rihanna-Inspired ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Gets Mixed Reviews For Caleb Bryant
By Maria Vultaggio | February 28, 2013 2:39 PM EST
“Law & Order: SVU” has run a controversial 14th season. First it had convicted rapist Mike Tyson play a rape victim, and now there is an episode about relationship abuse that seems heavily based on the tumultuous saga of Chris Brown and Rihanna.
Fans were shocked when photos of a bruised and battered Rihanna surfaced in 2009 — they were even more surprised to find that her boyfriend Brown was to blame.
Ever since the altercation, which Rihanna (real name Robyn Rihanna Fenty) never pressed charges for, the two have been in and out of the tabloids.
Rihanna even recently cried during an interview with Oprah Winfrey, saying that while everyone was worried about her safety, she was more concerned about Brown and how people were treating him because of their fight.
The two have gotten back together recently, just in time for the “Funny Valentine” episode to air on Wednesday.
Twitter began to pour out posts on the episode.
“That awkward moment when your life can be an episode on Law & Order... @rihanna @chrisbrown,” @KINGBeysus said.
Some were shocked by what they saw:
“Law & order got BALLS..they actually mentioned rihanna and chris brown #lawandorder,” @butterbrownluv tweeted.
Others didn’t like where the show went, writing, “So according to law & order if @rihanna stays with @chrisbrown he's going to end up killing her. Pitifu,” and “Maaan i luv sum Law & Order but that epi was jus baaad dude playin breezy cant act n chick who suppose to be riri horrible foh #teambreezy.”
Twitter has picked up on the Caleb Bryant (i.e. Chris Brown) character due to their identical initials and since "L&O" described the episode as being "ripped from the headlines."
Chris Brown and Rihanna are both on Twitter and don’t shy away from controversy but haven’t publicly commented on the “Funny Valentine” edition of SVU yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga