Chris Brown & Rihanna-Inspired ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Gets Mixed Reviews For Caleb Bryant
By Maria Vultaggio | February 28, 2013 2:39 PM EST
“Law & Order: SVU” has run a controversial 14th season. First it had convicted rapist Mike Tyson play a rape victim, and now there is an episode about relationship abuse that seems heavily based on the tumultuous saga of Chris Brown and Rihanna.
Fans were shocked when photos of a bruised and battered Rihanna surfaced in 2009 — they were even more surprised to find that her boyfriend Brown was to blame.
Ever since the altercation, which Rihanna (real name Robyn Rihanna Fenty) never pressed charges for, the two have been in and out of the tabloids.
Rihanna even recently cried during an interview with Oprah Winfrey, saying that while everyone was worried about her safety, she was more concerned about Brown and how people were treating him because of their fight.
The two have gotten back together recently, just in time for the “Funny Valentine” episode to air on Wednesday.
Twitter began to pour out posts on the episode.
“That awkward moment when your life can be an episode on Law & Order... @rihanna @chrisbrown,” @KINGBeysus said.
Some were shocked by what they saw:
“Law & order got BALLS..they actually mentioned rihanna and chris brown #lawandorder,” @butterbrownluv tweeted.
Others didn’t like where the show went, writing, “So according to law & order if @rihanna stays with @chrisbrown he's going to end up killing her. Pitifu,” and “Maaan i luv sum Law & Order but that epi was jus baaad dude playin breezy cant act n chick who suppose to be riri horrible foh #teambreezy.”
Twitter has picked up on the Caleb Bryant (i.e. Chris Brown) character due to their identical initials and since "L&O" described the episode as being "ripped from the headlines."
Chris Brown and Rihanna are both on Twitter and don’t shy away from controversy but haven’t publicly commented on the “Funny Valentine” edition of SVU yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2