Oscars 2013 Red Carpet Trend: Glamorous Black and Gold
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 28, 2013 1:53 PM EST
The Oscars is revered as much for its fashion choices as the trophies the Academy hands out. As the awards season wraps up, we take a look at the celebrity style picks that will surely endure beyond the red carpet.
One trend that made waves on the prestigious awards show is black and gold gowns. The dramatic look calls to mind a Cleopatra-like image: sultry, strong and sleek, exactly how a modern woman wants to feel on one of the biggest nights of the year.
Halle Berry may not be up for an Oscar this year, but the 2002 Best Actress winner was a certified stunner on the red carpet. The beauty shone (literally!) in the awards show donning a striped black and silver Versace number with a plunging neckline that highlighted Berry's famous curves. Known for being one of the ultimate style icons during the Oscars, the actress was the picture-perfect image of a Bond girl.
Catherine Zeta-Jones always looks captivating in the spotlight, but the 43-year-old turned up the heat a few notches higher in a beaded gold Zuhair Murad gown. The dress shimmered in front of the cameras, drawing attention to the actress' flawless curves. She complemented the romantic look with dangling Lorraine Schwartz earrings and relatively neutral makeup.
Mexican beauty Salma Hayek is the epitome of Hollywood glitz and glamour in a floor-length Alexander McQueen gown with a dramatic gold neckline. Pulling up her hair to emphasize the embellished neckline, the actress looked like a goddess in the form-fitting velvet number. Hayek's gold clutch and tiara completed the eye-catching ensemble.
Sandra Bullock made her Oscar red carpet comeback in A-list fashion with a sheer black Elie Saab dress. The glittering number fit the actress' athletic physique perfectly, complemented with sleek hair and natural make-up.
Another celebrity who belonged on the red carpet was Stacy Keibler who looked every bit the star in a metallic Naeem Khan gown. The black and silver dress was a good choice for the statuesque Keibler-and of course George Clooney on her arm helped.
Finally, Nicole Kidman brings the two trends together in an alluring L'wren Scott number. The floor-skimming black gown with heavy gold sequins ensured that the Oscar-winning actress glittered on the red carpet.
Other celebrities who kept with the black and gold trend are Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive, Jenna Dewan-Tatum in Rachel Roy, Adele in Jenny Packham and Kelly Osbourne in Tony Ward Couture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate