Oscars 2013 Red Carpet Trend: Glamorous Black and Gold
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 28, 2013 1:53 PM EST
The Oscars is revered as much for its fashion choices as the trophies the Academy hands out. As the awards season wraps up, we take a look at the celebrity style picks that will surely endure beyond the red carpet.
One trend that made waves on the prestigious awards show is black and gold gowns. The dramatic look calls to mind a Cleopatra-like image: sultry, strong and sleek, exactly how a modern woman wants to feel on one of the biggest nights of the year.
Halle Berry may not be up for an Oscar this year, but the 2002 Best Actress winner was a certified stunner on the red carpet. The beauty shone (literally!) in the awards show donning a striped black and silver Versace number with a plunging neckline that highlighted Berry's famous curves. Known for being one of the ultimate style icons during the Oscars, the actress was the picture-perfect image of a Bond girl.
Catherine Zeta-Jones always looks captivating in the spotlight, but the 43-year-old turned up the heat a few notches higher in a beaded gold Zuhair Murad gown. The dress shimmered in front of the cameras, drawing attention to the actress' flawless curves. She complemented the romantic look with dangling Lorraine Schwartz earrings and relatively neutral makeup.
Mexican beauty Salma Hayek is the epitome of Hollywood glitz and glamour in a floor-length Alexander McQueen gown with a dramatic gold neckline. Pulling up her hair to emphasize the embellished neckline, the actress looked like a goddess in the form-fitting velvet number. Hayek's gold clutch and tiara completed the eye-catching ensemble.
Sandra Bullock made her Oscar red carpet comeback in A-list fashion with a sheer black Elie Saab dress. The glittering number fit the actress' athletic physique perfectly, complemented with sleek hair and natural make-up.
Another celebrity who belonged on the red carpet was Stacy Keibler who looked every bit the star in a metallic Naeem Khan gown. The black and silver dress was a good choice for the statuesque Keibler-and of course George Clooney on her arm helped.
Finally, Nicole Kidman brings the two trends together in an alluring L'wren Scott number. The floor-skimming black gown with heavy gold sequins ensured that the Oscar-winning actress glittered on the red carpet.
Other celebrities who kept with the black and gold trend are Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive, Jenna Dewan-Tatum in Rachel Roy, Adele in Jenny Packham and Kelly Osbourne in Tony Ward Couture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election