5 Reasons Why Apple Should Release iPad 5, iPad Mini 2 This Year
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 28, 2013 1:37 PM EST
The leaked images of the supposed iPad 5 cases hint the imminent release date of the tablet. Reports claimed that the fifth generation of the Apple's tablet and its miniature version will be release in June this year.
However, Piper Jaffray's analyst Gene Munster believes that the fifth generation of iPad will be released in April with slight changes made on the device. Munster further noted the first Apple event of 2013 could produce a design overhaul to the 9.7-inch iPad.
"We believe Apple could update the full-sized iPad to a body style similar to the iPad Mini. Additionally, we believe that the iPad Mini could get a Retina display, although that may happen later in the year given the supply constraints Apple faced on the Mini in the December quarter," noted the Piper Jaffray's analyst.
Munster said that it is the redesigned iPad 5 that will offer the same iPad Mini-like design style. The full-sized iPad release date may be in April as Munster claims despite growing reports that Apple will not launch any new devices on first half of 2013 because it updated almost all devices last quarter only.
The iPad 5 is rumoured to have no bezels, and the whole form factor has been made sleeker. Horowitz believes this design indicates that Apple will be calling on Sharp's IGZO screen technology. Sharp, however, according to Horowitz, has been struggling, and its ability to deliver components on time will play a key role in the release of the next iPad.
However, the Cupertino-based company remained tight-lipped on the rumours and on its plans for this year.
Below are the five reasons why Apple should release the iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2 this year.
1. Cheaper Price of iPad Mini 2 Will Attract More Buyers - iPad Mini 2 is cheaper than Apple's full-pledge tablet. The affordable price of the miniature version of iPad attracts a lot of consumers increasing the profit of the company.
2. iPad Mini 2 Helps Retain Apple's Dominance in the Market - Consumers tend to choose Apple devices because of its specs and features as well as its quality and brand. However, some consumers tend to look for affordable alternatives because of the steep prices of Apple devices.
3. Give Consumers More Choices - Releasing the iPad 5 and the iPad Mini 2 will give the consumers more choices and allow them to choose which tablet they prefer. This is a win-win situation for Apple and consumers.
4. iPad Mini 2 is More Convenient for Some Users - Some consumers claimed that the smaller size of the iPad Mini 2 is more convenient because it still has the specs and features almost at par to that of iPad 5.
5. iPad Mini 2 Could Save Apple from its Financial Slump - Releasing the successor of the iPad Mini may aid the company in recovering from the financial slump it is currently experiencing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan