Samsung Galaxy S3 Price Shrinks Further as Galaxy S4 Release Date Looms: Phone is Free in Vodafone UK
By Erik Pineda | February 28, 2013 10:24 AM EST
Getting the Samsung Galaxy S3 is no sweat these days as Vodafone in the United Kingdom dangles the Android smartphone for free, that means no upfront payment is required to bring home the sleek handset.
Samsung fans unwilling to wait further for the supposed April release of the Galaxy S4 can now grab the bestselling handset without forking out any cash but they will have to use Vodafone's network for the next two years.
The whole deal roughly costs £20 or $30 per month, underscoring the lovely prospect that awaits those wanting to own the S3. For sure many would jump in to grab the offer and join the more than 40 million members of the global Galaxy S3 club.
Analysts expect the international price of S3 to decelerate with speed as Samsung and its partners implement adjustments to keep the inventory moving. It is hardly surprising that many would postpone their purchase plans in order to wait out for the Galaxy S4 release.
The new quad-core Samsung flagship is set for a global preview on March 14 in New York and following that spectacle, the handset will have a simultaneous international release on early April.
Actual details about the S3 replacement has been kept under wraps by Samsung though some leaked specs managed to hit news stories. Following speculations that the 5-inch S4 will be powered by an 8-core Exynos Octa 5 CPU, it now widely believed that the device will instead come out with a Snapdragon 600 processor that hums away at a whopping spin of 1.9GHz.
Samsung will reportedly ditch Super AMOLED for the new Galaxy S' Full HD 1080p screen but the gadget remains gorgeous with its clear video and image rendering.
All these, however, remain speculative at the moment and the real thing is the Galaxy S3 represents the powerful specs consumers have been dreaming about the Galaxy S4.
And with major telcos around the world packaging the Samsung smartphone with irresistible price tags, buyers have more reason to take the plunge and grab the sweet deals being tossed around by S3 sellers.
One more reason to buy now: Months after the S4's global release, Samsung will surely dispatch a major update, probably containing Google's Key Lime Pie and the enhanced Premium Suite.
After that patch release, the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S3 will become practically identical at least in major features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand