Samsung Galaxy S3 Price Shrinks Further as Galaxy S4 Release Date Looms: Phone is Free in Vodafone UK
By Erik Pineda | February 28, 2013 10:24 AM EST
Getting the Samsung Galaxy S3 is no sweat these days as Vodafone in the United Kingdom dangles the Android smartphone for free, that means no upfront payment is required to bring home the sleek handset.
Samsung fans unwilling to wait further for the supposed April release of the Galaxy S4 can now grab the bestselling handset without forking out any cash but they will have to use Vodafone's network for the next two years.
The whole deal roughly costs £20 or $30 per month, underscoring the lovely prospect that awaits those wanting to own the S3. For sure many would jump in to grab the offer and join the more than 40 million members of the global Galaxy S3 club.
Analysts expect the international price of S3 to decelerate with speed as Samsung and its partners implement adjustments to keep the inventory moving. It is hardly surprising that many would postpone their purchase plans in order to wait out for the Galaxy S4 release.
The new quad-core Samsung flagship is set for a global preview on March 14 in New York and following that spectacle, the handset will have a simultaneous international release on early April.
Actual details about the S3 replacement has been kept under wraps by Samsung though some leaked specs managed to hit news stories. Following speculations that the 5-inch S4 will be powered by an 8-core Exynos Octa 5 CPU, it now widely believed that the device will instead come out with a Snapdragon 600 processor that hums away at a whopping spin of 1.9GHz.
Samsung will reportedly ditch Super AMOLED for the new Galaxy S' Full HD 1080p screen but the gadget remains gorgeous with its clear video and image rendering.
All these, however, remain speculative at the moment and the real thing is the Galaxy S3 represents the powerful specs consumers have been dreaming about the Galaxy S4.
And with major telcos around the world packaging the Samsung smartphone with irresistible price tags, buyers have more reason to take the plunge and grab the sweet deals being tossed around by S3 sellers.
One more reason to buy now: Months after the S4's global release, Samsung will surely dispatch a major update, probably containing Google's Key Lime Pie and the enhanced Premium Suite.
After that patch release, the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S3 will become practically identical at least in major features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report