Samsung Galaxy S3 Price Shrinks Further as Galaxy S4 Release Date Looms: Phone is Free in Vodafone UK
By Erik Pineda | February 28, 2013 10:24 AM EST
Getting the Samsung Galaxy S3 is no sweat these days as Vodafone in the United Kingdom dangles the Android smartphone for free, that means no upfront payment is required to bring home the sleek handset.
Samsung fans unwilling to wait further for the supposed April release of the Galaxy S4 can now grab the bestselling handset without forking out any cash but they will have to use Vodafone's network for the next two years.
The whole deal roughly costs £20 or $30 per month, underscoring the lovely prospect that awaits those wanting to own the S3. For sure many would jump in to grab the offer and join the more than 40 million members of the global Galaxy S3 club.
Analysts expect the international price of S3 to decelerate with speed as Samsung and its partners implement adjustments to keep the inventory moving. It is hardly surprising that many would postpone their purchase plans in order to wait out for the Galaxy S4 release.
The new quad-core Samsung flagship is set for a global preview on March 14 in New York and following that spectacle, the handset will have a simultaneous international release on early April.
Actual details about the S3 replacement has been kept under wraps by Samsung though some leaked specs managed to hit news stories. Following speculations that the 5-inch S4 will be powered by an 8-core Exynos Octa 5 CPU, it now widely believed that the device will instead come out with a Snapdragon 600 processor that hums away at a whopping spin of 1.9GHz.
Samsung will reportedly ditch Super AMOLED for the new Galaxy S' Full HD 1080p screen but the gadget remains gorgeous with its clear video and image rendering.
All these, however, remain speculative at the moment and the real thing is the Galaxy S3 represents the powerful specs consumers have been dreaming about the Galaxy S4.
And with major telcos around the world packaging the Samsung smartphone with irresistible price tags, buyers have more reason to take the plunge and grab the sweet deals being tossed around by S3 sellers.
One more reason to buy now: Months after the S4's global release, Samsung will surely dispatch a major update, probably containing Google's Key Lime Pie and the enhanced Premium Suite.
After that patch release, the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S3 will become practically identical at least in major features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June