Goldman hires Citigroup lobbyist Amy Overton
By Lauren Tara LaCapra | February 28, 2013 7:42 AM EST
Overton, 43, will handle a broad range of issues for Goldman, a spokesman for Goldman said.
Overton spent less than two years at Citigroup, and previously worked as counsel to Senator Tom Carper, a Democrat of Delaware, during negotiations for the Dodd-Frank Act.
"Amy's long experience with financial services issues will make her a great addition to our team," said Michael Paese, global co-head of government affairs for Goldman Sachs. Overton will report to Paese, and will have the title of vice president, the same title she had at Citigroup.
A Citigroup spokeswoman declined to comment.
Overton also worked at Fannie Mae
With Overton's joining, Goldman's D.C. office is now evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, with four of each.
Paese had been a top staffer for former Democratic congressman Barney Frank. Goldman's lobbying office has two other Democrats, said a person familiar with the matter who did not have authorization to speak publicly about the matter.
Todd Malin, a senior Republican lobbyist, recently left Goldman for Rio Tinto PLC
(In 3rd paragraph, corrects title for Paese to global co-head of government affairs, not head of Washington government relations office. In last paragraph, corrects title of Shirzad to show other co-head, not global head of office of government affairs.)
(Reporting By Lauren Tara LaCapra; Editing by Leslie Adler)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date