Goldman hires Citigroup lobbyist Amy Overton
By Lauren Tara LaCapra | February 28, 2013 7:42 AM EST
Overton, 43, will handle a broad range of issues for Goldman, a spokesman for Goldman said.
Overton spent less than two years at Citigroup, and previously worked as counsel to Senator Tom Carper, a Democrat of Delaware, during negotiations for the Dodd-Frank Act.
"Amy's long experience with financial services issues will make her a great addition to our team," said Michael Paese, global co-head of government affairs for Goldman Sachs. Overton will report to Paese, and will have the title of vice president, the same title she had at Citigroup.
A Citigroup spokeswoman declined to comment.
Overton also worked at Fannie Mae
With Overton's joining, Goldman's D.C. office is now evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, with four of each.
Paese had been a top staffer for former Democratic congressman Barney Frank. Goldman's lobbying office has two other Democrats, said a person familiar with the matter who did not have authorization to speak publicly about the matter.
Todd Malin, a senior Republican lobbyist, recently left Goldman for Rio Tinto PLC
(In 3rd paragraph, corrects title for Paese to global co-head of government affairs, not head of Washington government relations office. In last paragraph, corrects title of Shirzad to show other co-head, not global head of office of government affairs.)
(Reporting By Lauren Tara LaCapra; Editing by Leslie Adler)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko