Goldman hires Citigroup lobbyist Amy Overton
By Lauren Tara LaCapra | February 28, 2013 7:42 AM EST
Overton, 43, will handle a broad range of issues for Goldman, a spokesman for Goldman said.
Overton spent less than two years at Citigroup, and previously worked as counsel to Senator Tom Carper, a Democrat of Delaware, during negotiations for the Dodd-Frank Act.
"Amy's long experience with financial services issues will make her a great addition to our team," said Michael Paese, global co-head of government affairs for Goldman Sachs. Overton will report to Paese, and will have the title of vice president, the same title she had at Citigroup.
A Citigroup spokeswoman declined to comment.
Overton also worked at Fannie Mae
With Overton's joining, Goldman's D.C. office is now evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, with four of each.
Paese had been a top staffer for former Democratic congressman Barney Frank. Goldman's lobbying office has two other Democrats, said a person familiar with the matter who did not have authorization to speak publicly about the matter.
Todd Malin, a senior Republican lobbyist, recently left Goldman for Rio Tinto PLC
(In 3rd paragraph, corrects title for Paese to global co-head of government affairs, not head of Washington government relations office. In last paragraph, corrects title of Shirzad to show other co-head, not global head of office of government affairs.)
(Reporting By Lauren Tara LaCapra; Editing by Leslie Adler)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones