Cara Delevingne Talks Rihanna: Says She Is Misunderstood
By Amethyst Tate | February 28, 2013 4:56 AM EST
Cara Delevingne talks Rihanna in the latest issue of Grazia magazine, and admits the beauty is “misunderstood.”
Delevingne, a British fashion model who has walked the Victoria’s Secret runway, has been seen hanging out with Rihanna as of late, causing many to wonder how and when the unlikely duo became good friends.
“I met her when she was here [in London] two years ago doing a gig. And then she sang at the Victoria’s Secret show and we hung out,” Delevingne reveals.
Back in December for the annual Victoria’s Secret show, Rihanna sang “Diamonds” and “Phresh Out the Runway,” which are songs off her latest album, “Unapologetic.”
While Rihanna often states in tweets on her Twitter account that she could care less about other’s opinions, that does not mean she is a mean young woman.
“She looks after me when I go to L.A. She’s the best; she’s such a sweet, down-to-earth girl,” the model tells Grazia.
Delevingne also admits that it is Rihanna’s controversial image that causes her to be misunderstood.
“She doesn’t have that many girlfriends but we have a lot in common. I don’t think many girls understand her.”
Chris Brown is another person who loves being around the Barbadian stunner.
Brown spoke about Rihanna during the post-Oscars celebrations earlier this week.
At Elton John's Oscars after-party, Brown spoke about Rihanna, telling the New York Post's Page Six, "We are really happy. We are back together. She is the most beautiful girl in the world. "
In February, Rihanna was featured on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine and admitted that being with Brown fulfills her, even if the media is not accepting of their relationship.
"I decided it was more important for me to be happy, and I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that,” she said.
“Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop