Cara Delevingne Talks Rihanna: Says She Is Misunderstood
By Amethyst Tate | February 28, 2013 4:56 AM EST
Cara Delevingne talks Rihanna in the latest issue of Grazia magazine, and admits the beauty is “misunderstood.”
Delevingne, a British fashion model who has walked the Victoria’s Secret runway, has been seen hanging out with Rihanna as of late, causing many to wonder how and when the unlikely duo became good friends.
“I met her when she was here [in London] two years ago doing a gig. And then she sang at the Victoria’s Secret show and we hung out,” Delevingne reveals.
Back in December for the annual Victoria’s Secret show, Rihanna sang “Diamonds” and “Phresh Out the Runway,” which are songs off her latest album, “Unapologetic.”
While Rihanna often states in tweets on her Twitter account that she could care less about other’s opinions, that does not mean she is a mean young woman.
“She looks after me when I go to L.A. She’s the best; she’s such a sweet, down-to-earth girl,” the model tells Grazia.
Delevingne also admits that it is Rihanna’s controversial image that causes her to be misunderstood.
“She doesn’t have that many girlfriends but we have a lot in common. I don’t think many girls understand her.”
Chris Brown is another person who loves being around the Barbadian stunner.
Brown spoke about Rihanna during the post-Oscars celebrations earlier this week.
At Elton John's Oscars after-party, Brown spoke about Rihanna, telling the New York Post's Page Six, "We are really happy. We are back together. She is the most beautiful girl in the world. "
In February, Rihanna was featured on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine and admitted that being with Brown fulfills her, even if the media is not accepting of their relationship.
"I decided it was more important for me to be happy, and I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that,” she said.
“Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Loses Second Child, Duchess Suffered Miscarriage Before Pregnancy Claims Went Viral – Reports
- Beyonce & Jay Z Fail to Squash Divorce & Cheating Allegations, Couple Barely Speaking on Tour
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Remembering the Betrayal of the Freys
- Eva Mendes-Ryan Gosling Reportedly Split Before Eva's Pregnancy
- Harry Styles-Paige Reifler Dating, Couple Back Together
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide