Cara Delevingne Talks Rihanna: Says She Is Misunderstood
By Amethyst Tate | February 28, 2013 4:56 AM EST
Cara Delevingne talks Rihanna in the latest issue of Grazia magazine, and admits the beauty is “misunderstood.”
Delevingne, a British fashion model who has walked the Victoria’s Secret runway, has been seen hanging out with Rihanna as of late, causing many to wonder how and when the unlikely duo became good friends.
“I met her when she was here [in London] two years ago doing a gig. And then she sang at the Victoria’s Secret show and we hung out,” Delevingne reveals.
Back in December for the annual Victoria’s Secret show, Rihanna sang “Diamonds” and “Phresh Out the Runway,” which are songs off her latest album, “Unapologetic.”
While Rihanna often states in tweets on her Twitter account that she could care less about other’s opinions, that does not mean she is a mean young woman.
“She looks after me when I go to L.A. She’s the best; she’s such a sweet, down-to-earth girl,” the model tells Grazia.
Delevingne also admits that it is Rihanna’s controversial image that causes her to be misunderstood.
“She doesn’t have that many girlfriends but we have a lot in common. I don’t think many girls understand her.”
Chris Brown is another person who loves being around the Barbadian stunner.
Brown spoke about Rihanna during the post-Oscars celebrations earlier this week.
At Elton John's Oscars after-party, Brown spoke about Rihanna, telling the New York Post's Page Six, "We are really happy. We are back together. She is the most beautiful girl in the world. "
In February, Rihanna was featured on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine and admitted that being with Brown fulfills her, even if the media is not accepting of their relationship.
"I decided it was more important for me to be happy, and I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that,” she said.
“Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery