Cara Delevingne Talks Rihanna: Says She Is Misunderstood
By Amethyst Tate | February 28, 2013 4:56 AM EST
Cara Delevingne talks Rihanna in the latest issue of Grazia magazine, and admits the beauty is “misunderstood.”
Delevingne, a British fashion model who has walked the Victoria’s Secret runway, has been seen hanging out with Rihanna as of late, causing many to wonder how and when the unlikely duo became good friends.
“I met her when she was here [in London] two years ago doing a gig. And then she sang at the Victoria’s Secret show and we hung out,” Delevingne reveals.
Back in December for the annual Victoria’s Secret show, Rihanna sang “Diamonds” and “Phresh Out the Runway,” which are songs off her latest album, “Unapologetic.”
While Rihanna often states in tweets on her Twitter account that she could care less about other’s opinions, that does not mean she is a mean young woman.
“She looks after me when I go to L.A. She’s the best; she’s such a sweet, down-to-earth girl,” the model tells Grazia.
Delevingne also admits that it is Rihanna’s controversial image that causes her to be misunderstood.
“She doesn’t have that many girlfriends but we have a lot in common. I don’t think many girls understand her.”
Chris Brown is another person who loves being around the Barbadian stunner.
Brown spoke about Rihanna during the post-Oscars celebrations earlier this week.
At Elton John's Oscars after-party, Brown spoke about Rihanna, telling the New York Post's Page Six, "We are really happy. We are back together. She is the most beautiful girl in the world. "
In February, Rihanna was featured on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine and admitted that being with Brown fulfills her, even if the media is not accepting of their relationship.
"I decided it was more important for me to be happy, and I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that,” she said.
“Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation