Cara Delevingne Talks Rihanna: Says She Is Misunderstood
By Amethyst Tate | February 28, 2013 4:56 AM EST
Cara Delevingne talks Rihanna in the latest issue of Grazia magazine, and admits the beauty is “misunderstood.”
Delevingne, a British fashion model who has walked the Victoria’s Secret runway, has been seen hanging out with Rihanna as of late, causing many to wonder how and when the unlikely duo became good friends.
“I met her when she was here [in London] two years ago doing a gig. And then she sang at the Victoria’s Secret show and we hung out,” Delevingne reveals.
Back in December for the annual Victoria’s Secret show, Rihanna sang “Diamonds” and “Phresh Out the Runway,” which are songs off her latest album, “Unapologetic.”
While Rihanna often states in tweets on her Twitter account that she could care less about other’s opinions, that does not mean she is a mean young woman.
“She looks after me when I go to L.A. She’s the best; she’s such a sweet, down-to-earth girl,” the model tells Grazia.
Delevingne also admits that it is Rihanna’s controversial image that causes her to be misunderstood.
“She doesn’t have that many girlfriends but we have a lot in common. I don’t think many girls understand her.”
Chris Brown is another person who loves being around the Barbadian stunner.
Brown spoke about Rihanna during the post-Oscars celebrations earlier this week.
At Elton John's Oscars after-party, Brown spoke about Rihanna, telling the New York Post's Page Six, "We are really happy. We are back together. She is the most beautiful girl in the world. "
In February, Rihanna was featured on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine and admitted that being with Brown fulfills her, even if the media is not accepting of their relationship.
"I decided it was more important for me to be happy, and I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that,” she said.
“Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0