Tina Fey As Next Year’s Oscars Host? Don't Count On It
By Charles Poladian | February 28, 2013 3:55 AM EST
After Seth MacFarlane announced he will not return as Oscars host next year, the speculation turned to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler who were a hit as hosts of the Golden Globes Awards. Don’t get your hopes up as Fey shot down that idea on Tuesday.
Tina Fey quickly dashed the dreams of fans hoping that she and Amy Poehler would host the 2014 Oscars in an interview with Huffington Post. Fey and Poehler hosted the 2013 Golden Globes to much acclaim and speculation about future hosting opportunities quickly escalated during the Oscars telecast.
The opening segment of the 2013 Oscars featured a surprise appearance by William Shatner who asked host Seth MacFarlane why the Academy Awards couldn’t just get Fey and Poehler to host the show. With their success on the Golden Globes, the two comedians would have been an ideal candidate for hosting the 2014 Oscars.
Despite approval from fans and critics alike, Fey does not want to host the Oscars next year. In the interview with Huffington Post, Fey did not even leave the door open, or a window, to host next year’s Oscars, saying, “I just feel like that gig is so hard. Especially for, like, a woman -- the amount of months that would be spent trying on dresses alone ... no way.”
Many fans will surely be disappointed with the news but because the show is so far away, and it’s Hollywood after all, anything can change. Currently Fey is busy promoting her new movie “Admission” which stars Paul Rudd and is directed by Paul Weitz (“About A Boy” and “American Pie”) and will also appear in “The Muppets…Again!” which has begun filming, notes IMDb.
Fey just completed the final season of “30 Rock” and has no other projects in the works so her schedule keeps the possibility of her hosting the 2014 Oscars open.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family