‘Kai Po Che!’ Box Office Collection: Abhishek Kapoor's Directorial Going Strong on Weekdays
By Ankita Mehta | February 27, 2013 11:58 PM EST
The youth-oriented movie "Kai Po Che!", based on Chetan Bhagat's novel "The 3 Mistakes of My Life", is riding high on success at the box office.
Abhishek Kapoor's directorial film is maintaining a strong hold at theatres during weekdays. On Monday it minted approximately ₹3.25 crore, which is 15- 20 percent less than Friday's earnings, and on Tuesday it raked in ₹2.95 crore.
The film collected approximately ₹24.30 crore in India within five days of its release.
The business of the movie remained stronger in Mumbai, Pune, Kolkatta, Bangalore, Delhi, Mysore, CI and Rajasthan. The collections remained poor in circuits like UP and East Punjab.
Despite not having a superstar cast, the film is running at the box office purely for its refreshing content and rave reviews. After collecting around ₹24 crore in five days, the film is expected to complete its first week with ₹30 crore in its pocket.
Today, a film is deemed a commercial success when it enters the elite ₹100 crore club. Surprisingly, director Abhishek Kapoor is not aiming for the film's earnings to reach the said mark.
"I think it (₹100 crore) is silly. Beyond that I would not like to say anything. For my films I never aimed for them to do X amount of business. All I want is the audience to like and enjoy the film," Kapoor told PTI.
"As far as Kai Po Che is concerned I don't aim for any number or figures. I am happy I have touched the hearts of audience. Their reaction to the film holds more value to me than anything else," he said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter