‘Kai Po Che!’ Box Office Collection: Abhishek Kapoor's Directorial Going Strong on Weekdays
By Ankita Mehta | February 27, 2013 11:58 PM EST
The youth-oriented movie "Kai Po Che!", based on Chetan Bhagat's novel "The 3 Mistakes of My Life", is riding high on success at the box office.
Abhishek Kapoor's directorial film is maintaining a strong hold at theatres during weekdays. On Monday it minted approximately ₹3.25 crore, which is 15- 20 percent less than Friday's earnings, and on Tuesday it raked in ₹2.95 crore.
The film collected approximately ₹24.30 crore in India within five days of its release.
The business of the movie remained stronger in Mumbai, Pune, Kolkatta, Bangalore, Delhi, Mysore, CI and Rajasthan. The collections remained poor in circuits like UP and East Punjab.
Despite not having a superstar cast, the film is running at the box office purely for its refreshing content and rave reviews. After collecting around ₹24 crore in five days, the film is expected to complete its first week with ₹30 crore in its pocket.
Today, a film is deemed a commercial success when it enters the elite ₹100 crore club. Surprisingly, director Abhishek Kapoor is not aiming for the film's earnings to reach the said mark.
"I think it (₹100 crore) is silly. Beyond that I would not like to say anything. For my films I never aimed for them to do X amount of business. All I want is the audience to like and enjoy the film," Kapoor told PTI.
"As far as Kai Po Che is concerned I don't aim for any number or figures. I am happy I have touched the hearts of audience. Their reaction to the film holds more value to me than anything else," he said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate