Google Becomes India's Most Trusted Internet Brand for Third Time
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 11:33 PM EST
Search-engine giant Google was found to be voted the most trusted online brand in India, according to a new study by Brand Trust Advisory.
The study revealed that Facebook was the second most trusted online brand followed by Yahoo, Orkut and e-commerce website Ebay in the top five most trusted online brands.
"Google's Orkut, steadied at fourth rank despite a significant fall in daily visitors from here. Facebook has ranked first in the sub-category of social networking," said N Chandramouli, Trust Research Advisory chief executive, reported PTI.
The survey which was conducted in 16 countries had assessed the popularity of 19,000 unique brands across 211 categories. This is the third time the internet giant was voted number one in the survey.
Online retailers like AOL, Amazon, Ibibo and OLX are some of the other brands which managed to make it to the top ten list. Video sharing website YouTube ranked number nine in the list.
The report revealed that social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter are gaining popularity in the country. The rising ranks of e-commerce websites indicate that the fear of online shopping is on a decline.
The survey also said that the Google is the most trusted search engine followed by Yahoo.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health