Google Becomes India's Most Trusted Internet Brand for Third Time
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 11:33 PM EST
Search-engine giant Google was found to be voted the most trusted online brand in India, according to a new study by Brand Trust Advisory.
The study revealed that Facebook was the second most trusted online brand followed by Yahoo, Orkut and e-commerce website Ebay in the top five most trusted online brands.
"Google's Orkut, steadied at fourth rank despite a significant fall in daily visitors from here. Facebook has ranked first in the sub-category of social networking," said N Chandramouli, Trust Research Advisory chief executive, reported PTI.
The survey which was conducted in 16 countries had assessed the popularity of 19,000 unique brands across 211 categories. This is the third time the internet giant was voted number one in the survey.
Online retailers like AOL, Amazon, Ibibo and OLX are some of the other brands which managed to make it to the top ten list. Video sharing website YouTube ranked number nine in the list.
The report revealed that social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter are gaining popularity in the country. The rising ranks of e-commerce websites indicate that the fear of online shopping is on a decline.
The survey also said that the Google is the most trusted search engine followed by Yahoo.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales