Top Goldman Sachs Germany banker Blessing to retire: memo
February 27, 2013 11:21 PM EST
Blessing, 45, joined Goldman as a financial analyst in 1992 and over the next 20 years worked her way up to partner and co-head of investment banking for Germany and Austria, according to the memo, which was seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
A financial industry source said Blessing planned to hand over her responsibilities by the middle of the year to then calmly reflect on plans for the second half of her professional life.
"She's gearing up for a new challenge," the source said.
Germany's Manager Magazin also reported Blessing's departure on Wednesday.
Blessing has run investment banking alongside co-head Wolfgang Fink under the leadership of Goldman Sachs's country head Alexander Dibelius.
(Reporting by Jonathan Gould and Alexander Huebner; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine