Top Goldman Sachs Germany banker Blessing to retire: memo
February 27, 2013 11:21 PM EST
Blessing, 45, joined Goldman as a financial analyst in 1992 and over the next 20 years worked her way up to partner and co-head of investment banking for Germany and Austria, according to the memo, which was seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
A financial industry source said Blessing planned to hand over her responsibilities by the middle of the year to then calmly reflect on plans for the second half of her professional life.
"She's gearing up for a new challenge," the source said.
Germany's Manager Magazin also reported Blessing's departure on Wednesday.
Blessing has run investment banking alongside co-head Wolfgang Fink under the leadership of Goldman Sachs's country head Alexander Dibelius.
(Reporting by Jonathan Gould and Alexander Huebner; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools