4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105.
Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 users recently received the latest official Jelly Bean firmware XXDMB2, based on the older Android 4.1.2 release. However, those who want to try their hand on the newest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware can now download and install the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) Build 4 ROM using this guide.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105
1. Connect your Galaxy Note 2 to the computer with the USB cable.
2. Without extracting, copy the downloaded ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder of your phone's SD card.
3. Disconnect the phone's USB cable from computer and then Power off the device.
4. Boot the phone into CWM Recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together for about 5 seconds to boot into Recovery Mode. NOTE: Use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select an option in recovery.
5. Take a Nandroid Backup of your phone's current ROM, so that it can be restored later if the new ROM fails to work or you want to return to the original ROM. To do a backup, choose Backup and Restore, and then hit Backup on next screen. Return to main recovery menu once backup is done.
6. Perform full data wipe task. To do so, click Wipe Data/Factory Reset, then choose Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait for a few minutes until the data wipe process completes. Then return to CWM recovery main menu. Choose Wipe Cache Partition and wait until the wipe process is done. Finally, hit Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option.
7. Choose Install zip from SD card and then click Choose zip from SD card. Now, browse and select the AOKP Build 4 ROM ZIP file that you copied earlier to your phone in Step 2 and select it by tapping Power button. Confirm the ROM installation by choosing Yes on next screen and the installation will begin.
8. After the ROM installation is complete, repeat the step 7 but select the gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install Google Apps.
9. Once both the ROM and Google Apps are installed, return to the main recovery menu and tap Reboot System Now to reboot the phone into Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 custom ROM. The first boot may take some time. So, do not interrupt the process.
10. Restoring Previous ROM: To return to your previous ROM, boot into Recovery, select Backup and Restore then restore your original ROM by choosing it from the list.
Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean ROM is now installed and running on your Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: