Japan's Amari: EU will try to prevent recurrence of debt crisis
February 27, 2013 9:21 PM EST
Japanese Economics Minister Akira Amari said on Wednesday that the European Union as a whole will try to prevent concerns over the political gridlock in Italy causing a recurrence of the euro zone debt crisis.
In addition, Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said bond yields of peripheral nations such as Greece and Italy are below their peak levels, a Cabinet Office Official said, citing the governor's comments.
(Reporting by Kaori Kaneko; Editing by Shinichi Saoshiro)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects