Canadian Government To Attract More Indian Travelers, Tourism Minister Visits India
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 8:55 PM EST
Maxime Bernier who was heading the delegation to India Tuesday met with his Indian counterpart K. Chiranjeevi where the two tourist ministers vowed to promote joint venture investments in the field of hotel management and tourism.
Canada and India have long-standing bilateral relations, built upon shared values of democracy and pluralism, and strong people-to-people links," said Maxime Bernier in a press release.
Our relations are strengthened through travel, trade, education and immigration, which encourage mutual respect and understanding," said Bernier.
The delegation is promoting Canada as destination of choice for Indian travelers in the Indian capital New Delhi and Jaipur, some of India's best tourism places.
As market share for tourism becomes more competitive internationally, our government is working to position Canada's tourism industry to seize new opportunities in emerging markets like India," said Bernier adding, "
We are working with industry to welcome even more Indian travelers this year to create jobs and growth in Canada, while deepening our relationship with our Indian visitors."
In an effort to promote two -way tourism between the two countries, the two ministers also discussed possibilities to sign an agreement or memorandum of understanding, according to ANI.
As Canada is India's one of primary source markets, Canadian tourists to India have increased noticeably over the last few years.
While promoting Canada as travel-destination for the Indian tourists, the federal government is considering reducing a number of travel barriers for its foreign travelers.
Tourism Minister Bernier is accompanied by David Goldstein, President and CEO of Tourism Industry Association of Canada; Arun Pandeya, General Manager-India, Air Canada; and a number of others including Gopal Rao, the Regional General Manager, South West Asia, InterContinental Hotels Group.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- New Zealand and China Decide to Boost Defence Ties
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Russian Govt Found Tinkering Wikipedia Crash Info
- Scientists Warn MERS Virus Could be Spread Airborne
- British PM Cameron Urges Tough Sanctions Against Russia
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales