Jaguar Land Rover's XJ Ultimate Sedan Launched at ₹1.78 Crore [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 7:40 PM EST
Jaguar Land Rover, the wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Motors, has introduced its Ultimate Sedan XJ Ultimate to the Indian auto market with a price tag starting at ₹1.78 crore.
The car is launched in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version is powered by the same 5.0-liter V8 super-charged petrol engine which is expected to generate a power of 510 PS and the diesel model is backed by a 3.0-litre V6 turbo-charged diesel engine. The diesel variant is price at ₹1.78 crore, while the petrol model goes for ₹1.88 crore.
Elaborating on the sedan's design the company said, "Based exclusively on the long-wheelbase XJ, the interior changes applied to the Ultimate focus on the rear accommodation, extending the car's limousine remit to provide a fully-appointed luxury business class experience for the most discerning of global customers," PTI reported.
With the launch of the new sedan in India, Jaguar expects to increase its sales volume. The company registered a growth of 32 percent in worldwide sales last year, selling 2,393 units as against 1,813 vehicles in the year earlier. Sales in India rose 25 percent to over 25,000 units in 2012.
Jaguar currently sells XF, XFR, XKR, XKR-S and XJ models in India. The company will start assembling one of its Jaguar XF models in India in a move to lower its price, reported PTI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes