Jaguar Land Rover's XJ Ultimate Sedan Launched at ₹1.78 Crore [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 7:40 PM EST
Jaguar Land Rover, the wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Motors, has introduced its Ultimate Sedan XJ Ultimate to the Indian auto market with a price tag starting at ₹1.78 crore.
The car is launched in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version is powered by the same 5.0-liter V8 super-charged petrol engine which is expected to generate a power of 510 PS and the diesel model is backed by a 3.0-litre V6 turbo-charged diesel engine. The diesel variant is price at ₹1.78 crore, while the petrol model goes for ₹1.88 crore.
Elaborating on the sedan's design the company said, "Based exclusively on the long-wheelbase XJ, the interior changes applied to the Ultimate focus on the rear accommodation, extending the car's limousine remit to provide a fully-appointed luxury business class experience for the most discerning of global customers," PTI reported.
With the launch of the new sedan in India, Jaguar expects to increase its sales volume. The company registered a growth of 32 percent in worldwide sales last year, selling 2,393 units as against 1,813 vehicles in the year earlier. Sales in India rose 25 percent to over 25,000 units in 2012.
Jaguar currently sells XF, XFR, XKR, XKR-S and XJ models in India. The company will start assembling one of its Jaguar XF models in India in a move to lower its price, reported PTI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date