KStew and JLaw Share Success, Friendship, Awards Show Clumsiness [PHOTOS]
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 27, 2013 7:38 PM EST
There is no rivalry between franchise leads Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Stewart, despite the competitive nature of both fans and Hollywood. In fact, when the Silver Linings Playbook actress took to the stage to accept one of the industry's highest honors, Stewart was among the people in the crowd who was most thrilled for the winner.
"When they announced Jen's name, Kristen was so happy and cheering for her," an audience member told Us Weekly. "She was going crazy in her seat."
Earlier, the twenty-two year old pals ran into each other at the Oscars red carpet and shared a hug. The Twilight actress, hobbling along with crutches, had a brief chat with Lawrence before heading inside the theater for the awards show.
No doubt the tight bond of the Lawrence and Stewart comes from similar situations of fame and fortune. The equal success of Hunger Games and Twilight thrust both in the public eye, and provided a good foundation for their friendship.
"They've hung out a bunch," a mutual friend said to Us Weekly. "They're funny together."
The similarities between the two do not end at a Hollywood background and wildly successful film franchises. Lawrence shares Stewart's tendency for clumsiness, most recently evidenced by her trip up the stairs to collect her Oscar trophy.
"You guys are just standing up because I fell and you feel bad," Lawrence quips good-naturedly at the start of her acceptance speech.
On the other hand, Stewart's Oscar debut was marred with a foot injury. The star had to use crutches to walk the red carpet, although she managed to do without as she presented onstage.
Stewart is also the one person who understands the most Lawrence's awards show blunder. She has tripped on the way to the stage to accept the Best Kiss at the MTV Movie Awards (although Robert Pattinson was on hand to catch her). During the MTV Movie Awards in 2009, the beautiful brunette won the trophy for Best Female Performance and broke the golden popcorn after dropping it during her acceptance speech onstage.
"I was just about as awkward as you thought I was going to be," Stewart said self-deprecatingly to the applause of the audience.
What else will these two superstars be up to in the future?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation