KStew and JLaw Share Success, Friendship, Awards Show Clumsiness [PHOTOS]
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 27, 2013 7:38 PM EST
There is no rivalry between franchise leads Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Stewart, despite the competitive nature of both fans and Hollywood. In fact, when the Silver Linings Playbook actress took to the stage to accept one of the industry's highest honors, Stewart was among the people in the crowd who was most thrilled for the winner.
"When they announced Jen's name, Kristen was so happy and cheering for her," an audience member told Us Weekly. "She was going crazy in her seat."
Earlier, the twenty-two year old pals ran into each other at the Oscars red carpet and shared a hug. The Twilight actress, hobbling along with crutches, had a brief chat with Lawrence before heading inside the theater for the awards show.
No doubt the tight bond of the Lawrence and Stewart comes from similar situations of fame and fortune. The equal success of Hunger Games and Twilight thrust both in the public eye, and provided a good foundation for their friendship.
"They've hung out a bunch," a mutual friend said to Us Weekly. "They're funny together."
The similarities between the two do not end at a Hollywood background and wildly successful film franchises. Lawrence shares Stewart's tendency for clumsiness, most recently evidenced by her trip up the stairs to collect her Oscar trophy.
"You guys are just standing up because I fell and you feel bad," Lawrence quips good-naturedly at the start of her acceptance speech.
On the other hand, Stewart's Oscar debut was marred with a foot injury. The star had to use crutches to walk the red carpet, although she managed to do without as she presented onstage.
Stewart is also the one person who understands the most Lawrence's awards show blunder. She has tripped on the way to the stage to accept the Best Kiss at the MTV Movie Awards (although Robert Pattinson was on hand to catch her). During the MTV Movie Awards in 2009, the beautiful brunette won the trophy for Best Female Performance and broke the golden popcorn after dropping it during her acceptance speech onstage.
"I was just about as awkward as you thought I was going to be," Stewart said self-deprecatingly to the applause of the audience.
What else will these two superstars be up to in the future?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff