KStew and JLaw Share Success, Friendship, Awards Show Clumsiness [PHOTOS]
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 27, 2013 7:38 PM EST
There is no rivalry between franchise leads Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Stewart, despite the competitive nature of both fans and Hollywood. In fact, when the Silver Linings Playbook actress took to the stage to accept one of the industry's highest honors, Stewart was among the people in the crowd who was most thrilled for the winner.
"When they announced Jen's name, Kristen was so happy and cheering for her," an audience member told Us Weekly. "She was going crazy in her seat."
Earlier, the twenty-two year old pals ran into each other at the Oscars red carpet and shared a hug. The Twilight actress, hobbling along with crutches, had a brief chat with Lawrence before heading inside the theater for the awards show.
No doubt the tight bond of the Lawrence and Stewart comes from similar situations of fame and fortune. The equal success of Hunger Games and Twilight thrust both in the public eye, and provided a good foundation for their friendship.
"They've hung out a bunch," a mutual friend said to Us Weekly. "They're funny together."
The similarities between the two do not end at a Hollywood background and wildly successful film franchises. Lawrence shares Stewart's tendency for clumsiness, most recently evidenced by her trip up the stairs to collect her Oscar trophy.
"You guys are just standing up because I fell and you feel bad," Lawrence quips good-naturedly at the start of her acceptance speech.
On the other hand, Stewart's Oscar debut was marred with a foot injury. The star had to use crutches to walk the red carpet, although she managed to do without as she presented onstage.
Stewart is also the one person who understands the most Lawrence's awards show blunder. She has tripped on the way to the stage to accept the Best Kiss at the MTV Movie Awards (although Robert Pattinson was on hand to catch her). During the MTV Movie Awards in 2009, the beautiful brunette won the trophy for Best Female Performance and broke the golden popcorn after dropping it during her acceptance speech onstage.
"I was just about as awkward as you thought I was going to be," Stewart said self-deprecatingly to the applause of the audience.
What else will these two superstars be up to in the future?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports