KStew and JLaw Share Success, Friendship, Awards Show Clumsiness [PHOTOS]
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 27, 2013 7:38 PM EST
There is no rivalry between franchise leads Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Stewart, despite the competitive nature of both fans and Hollywood. In fact, when the Silver Linings Playbook actress took to the stage to accept one of the industry's highest honors, Stewart was among the people in the crowd who was most thrilled for the winner.
"When they announced Jen's name, Kristen was so happy and cheering for her," an audience member told Us Weekly. "She was going crazy in her seat."
Earlier, the twenty-two year old pals ran into each other at the Oscars red carpet and shared a hug. The Twilight actress, hobbling along with crutches, had a brief chat with Lawrence before heading inside the theater for the awards show.
No doubt the tight bond of the Lawrence and Stewart comes from similar situations of fame and fortune. The equal success of Hunger Games and Twilight thrust both in the public eye, and provided a good foundation for their friendship.
"They've hung out a bunch," a mutual friend said to Us Weekly. "They're funny together."
The similarities between the two do not end at a Hollywood background and wildly successful film franchises. Lawrence shares Stewart's tendency for clumsiness, most recently evidenced by her trip up the stairs to collect her Oscar trophy.
"You guys are just standing up because I fell and you feel bad," Lawrence quips good-naturedly at the start of her acceptance speech.
On the other hand, Stewart's Oscar debut was marred with a foot injury. The star had to use crutches to walk the red carpet, although she managed to do without as she presented onstage.
Stewart is also the one person who understands the most Lawrence's awards show blunder. She has tripped on the way to the stage to accept the Best Kiss at the MTV Movie Awards (although Robert Pattinson was on hand to catch her). During the MTV Movie Awards in 2009, the beautiful brunette won the trophy for Best Female Performance and broke the golden popcorn after dropping it during her acceptance speech onstage.
"I was just about as awkward as you thought I was going to be," Stewart said self-deprecatingly to the applause of the audience.
What else will these two superstars be up to in the future?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet