KStew and JLaw Share Success, Friendship, Awards Show Clumsiness [PHOTOS]
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 27, 2013 7:38 PM EST
There is no rivalry between franchise leads Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Stewart, despite the competitive nature of both fans and Hollywood. In fact, when the Silver Linings Playbook actress took to the stage to accept one of the industry's highest honors, Stewart was among the people in the crowd who was most thrilled for the winner.
"When they announced Jen's name, Kristen was so happy and cheering for her," an audience member told Us Weekly. "She was going crazy in her seat."
Earlier, the twenty-two year old pals ran into each other at the Oscars red carpet and shared a hug. The Twilight actress, hobbling along with crutches, had a brief chat with Lawrence before heading inside the theater for the awards show.
No doubt the tight bond of the Lawrence and Stewart comes from similar situations of fame and fortune. The equal success of Hunger Games and Twilight thrust both in the public eye, and provided a good foundation for their friendship.
"They've hung out a bunch," a mutual friend said to Us Weekly. "They're funny together."
The similarities between the two do not end at a Hollywood background and wildly successful film franchises. Lawrence shares Stewart's tendency for clumsiness, most recently evidenced by her trip up the stairs to collect her Oscar trophy.
"You guys are just standing up because I fell and you feel bad," Lawrence quips good-naturedly at the start of her acceptance speech.
On the other hand, Stewart's Oscar debut was marred with a foot injury. The star had to use crutches to walk the red carpet, although she managed to do without as she presented onstage.
Stewart is also the one person who understands the most Lawrence's awards show blunder. She has tripped on the way to the stage to accept the Best Kiss at the MTV Movie Awards (although Robert Pattinson was on hand to catch her). During the MTV Movie Awards in 2009, the beautiful brunette won the trophy for Best Female Performance and broke the golden popcorn after dropping it during her acceptance speech onstage.
"I was just about as awkward as you thought I was going to be," Stewart said self-deprecatingly to the applause of the audience.
What else will these two superstars be up to in the future?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region