Microsoft Announces Internet Explorer 10 For Windows 7
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 27, 2013 7:07 PM EST
Microsoft is increasing its efforts in an attempt to win-back their customers who have migrated to Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
The IE10 was already available on Windows 8 PCs and tablets since its launch in late October, but now it debuted to the Windows 7 operating system. The new IE10 is 20 percent faster at downloading sites than its predecessor IE9 and also allows for touch-screen commands.
The IE10 running on Windows 8 PCs and tablets generally got glowing reviews and also has been considered as the best versions of Internet Explorer yet, but not determinedly superior than Chrome and Firefox.
To install the latest version of Internet Explorer on Windows 7, it requires the operating system to have at least Service Pack 1 installed in the machine. However, Microsoft will automatically upgrade Windows 7 with new browser via Windows Update in the coming weeks. The company has also offered users to download the latest browser directly from Microsoft Download Center.
''Tens of millions'' of people downloaded the preview mode on Windows 7; The Associated Press has reported citing Ryan Gavin, the General Manager of Internet Explorer. About 90 percent of Windows PCs have been programmed to get the automatic updates and could take several weeks before the IE10 updates are sent to all those computers. The IE10 will not work on Windows XP, Vista or other older version of Windows.
The new browser comes with some useful features including spell checking, auto correct features and is significantly faster.
For web developers, the IE10 offers increased support for modern Web standards powered by hardware acceleration to enable a new class of compelling applications and fast Web browsing.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build