Usian Bolt to Receive $300,000 for 200-Metre Race at Paris Meet
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 7:00 PM EST
Jamaican sprinter and holder of six Olympic gold medals, Usain Bolt, who is set to run in the 200-metre race at the upcoming Diamond League in Paris will be paid a whopping $300,000 for taking part in the meet.
The organizers of the meet confirmed that Bolt will be paid the amount for his participation stating that the fee is standard for a runner of Bolt's calibre.
The 26-year-old runner has confirmed his presence in the Paris meet which will be held on 6 July.
"Usain Bolt will compete in the 2013 edition of the Meeting AREVA, the ninth leg of this year's Samsung Diamond League, in Paris on Saturday 6 July," reported IAAF.
"The Jamaican has confirmed his presence on the Stade de France track, venue of the 2003 IAAF World Championships. He will be taking part in the 200m, the final race of the evening," it added.
Bolt was said to be taking part in the meet as a warm-up for the world championships which will take place in Moscow during August.
The organizers of the meet have also announced that French athletics sprinter Christophe Lemaitre and pole vaulter Renaud Lavillenie will also be taking part in the event.
Lemaitre, the current European 100m champion, will compete against Bolt in the meet.
Earlier, in the 2011 world championships in Daegu, South Korea, Lemaitre faced Bolt in the 200-metre race which the Jamaican sprinter won and Lemaitre finished at third.
"With Bolt, we know that we will easily fill the Stade de France," the head of the Paris Diamond League meeting, Laurent Boquillet told IANS on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes