Usian Bolt to Receive $300,000 for 200-Metre Race at Paris Meet
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 7:00 PM EST
Jamaican sprinter and holder of six Olympic gold medals, Usain Bolt, who is set to run in the 200-metre race at the upcoming Diamond League in Paris will be paid a whopping $300,000 for taking part in the meet.
The organizers of the meet confirmed that Bolt will be paid the amount for his participation stating that the fee is standard for a runner of Bolt's calibre.
The 26-year-old runner has confirmed his presence in the Paris meet which will be held on 6 July.
"Usain Bolt will compete in the 2013 edition of the Meeting AREVA, the ninth leg of this year's Samsung Diamond League, in Paris on Saturday 6 July," reported IAAF.
"The Jamaican has confirmed his presence on the Stade de France track, venue of the 2003 IAAF World Championships. He will be taking part in the 200m, the final race of the evening," it added.
Bolt was said to be taking part in the meet as a warm-up for the world championships which will take place in Moscow during August.
The organizers of the meet have also announced that French athletics sprinter Christophe Lemaitre and pole vaulter Renaud Lavillenie will also be taking part in the event.
Lemaitre, the current European 100m champion, will compete against Bolt in the meet.
Earlier, in the 2011 world championships in Daegu, South Korea, Lemaitre faced Bolt in the 200-metre race which the Jamaican sprinter won and Lemaitre finished at third.
"With Bolt, we know that we will easily fill the Stade de France," the head of the Paris Diamond League meeting, Laurent Boquillet told IANS on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage