Usian Bolt to Receive $300,000 for 200-Metre Race at Paris Meet
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 7:00 PM EST
Jamaican sprinter and holder of six Olympic gold medals, Usain Bolt, who is set to run in the 200-metre race at the upcoming Diamond League in Paris will be paid a whopping $300,000 for taking part in the meet.
The organizers of the meet confirmed that Bolt will be paid the amount for his participation stating that the fee is standard for a runner of Bolt's calibre.
The 26-year-old runner has confirmed his presence in the Paris meet which will be held on 6 July.
"Usain Bolt will compete in the 2013 edition of the Meeting AREVA, the ninth leg of this year's Samsung Diamond League, in Paris on Saturday 6 July," reported IAAF.
"The Jamaican has confirmed his presence on the Stade de France track, venue of the 2003 IAAF World Championships. He will be taking part in the 200m, the final race of the evening," it added.
Bolt was said to be taking part in the meet as a warm-up for the world championships which will take place in Moscow during August.
The organizers of the meet have also announced that French athletics sprinter Christophe Lemaitre and pole vaulter Renaud Lavillenie will also be taking part in the event.
Lemaitre, the current European 100m champion, will compete against Bolt in the meet.
Earlier, in the 2011 world championships in Daegu, South Korea, Lemaitre faced Bolt in the 200-metre race which the Jamaican sprinter won and Lemaitre finished at third.
"With Bolt, we know that we will easily fill the Stade de France," the head of the Paris Diamond League meeting, Laurent Boquillet told IANS on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories