Usian Bolt to Receive $300,000 for 200-Metre Race at Paris Meet
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 7:00 PM EST
Jamaican sprinter and holder of six Olympic gold medals, Usain Bolt, who is set to run in the 200-metre race at the upcoming Diamond League in Paris will be paid a whopping $300,000 for taking part in the meet.
The organizers of the meet confirmed that Bolt will be paid the amount for his participation stating that the fee is standard for a runner of Bolt's calibre.
The 26-year-old runner has confirmed his presence in the Paris meet which will be held on 6 July.
"Usain Bolt will compete in the 2013 edition of the Meeting AREVA, the ninth leg of this year's Samsung Diamond League, in Paris on Saturday 6 July," reported IAAF.
"The Jamaican has confirmed his presence on the Stade de France track, venue of the 2003 IAAF World Championships. He will be taking part in the 200m, the final race of the evening," it added.
Bolt was said to be taking part in the meet as a warm-up for the world championships which will take place in Moscow during August.
The organizers of the meet have also announced that French athletics sprinter Christophe Lemaitre and pole vaulter Renaud Lavillenie will also be taking part in the event.
Lemaitre, the current European 100m champion, will compete against Bolt in the meet.
Earlier, in the 2011 world championships in Daegu, South Korea, Lemaitre faced Bolt in the 200-metre race which the Jamaican sprinter won and Lemaitre finished at third.
"With Bolt, we know that we will easily fill the Stade de France," the head of the Paris Diamond League meeting, Laurent Boquillet told IANS on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?