MWC 2013: Sony Unveils ‘World’s Thinnest’ Android Waterproof Xperia Tablet Z
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 6:33 PM EST
The tablet, which made its official debut at the Comsumer Electronics Show in January, will hit stores in the second quarter of 2013. The 10.1-inch Xperia Z, measuring 6.9mm in thickness and weighing 495 grams, is the slimmest and lightest tablet so far in the market.
"Xperia Tablet Z sets new standards in entertainment by matching premium specifications and Sony technology with cross-device connectivity and a consistent user-experience," said Kaz Tajima, Corporate Vice President, Head of UX Creative Design and Planning, at Sony Mobile Communications.
"Xperia Tablet Z reinforces our intention to be a leading player in the premium Android device market, by building on the principles established by Xperia Z and perfectly optimising them for the tablet form factor."
The Xperia Tablet Z's screen has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels that's backed by Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro asynchronous quad-core processor. According to reports, Xperia Tablet Z is the first to house this processor. The tablet runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, packs 2GB of RAM and will come in 16GB and 32GB models.
The tablet sports an 8-megapixel rear camera which is equipped with Exmor R feature for mobile and a 2-megapixel HD front-facing camera. The tablet will be available in black and white models and will have LTE and WIFI versions. The most notable feature of the Sony Xperia Z tablet is its One-touch function which enables users to share songs, photos and videos to other NFC-enabled devices with ease and at fast speeds. Another feature is its Universal IR Remote that can control TV and other devices directly from the tablet.
The tablet a packs 6,000mAH battery and is a dust proof and water resistant. The 16GB version of the tablet will be priced at $500 while the 32GB version will be available for $600.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS