MWC 2013: Sony Unveils ‘World’s Thinnest’ Android Waterproof Xperia Tablet Z
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 6:33 PM EST
The tablet, which made its official debut at the Comsumer Electronics Show in January, will hit stores in the second quarter of 2013. The 10.1-inch Xperia Z, measuring 6.9mm in thickness and weighing 495 grams, is the slimmest and lightest tablet so far in the market.
"Xperia Tablet Z sets new standards in entertainment by matching premium specifications and Sony technology with cross-device connectivity and a consistent user-experience," said Kaz Tajima, Corporate Vice President, Head of UX Creative Design and Planning, at Sony Mobile Communications.
"Xperia Tablet Z reinforces our intention to be a leading player in the premium Android device market, by building on the principles established by Xperia Z and perfectly optimising them for the tablet form factor."
The Xperia Tablet Z's screen has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels that's backed by Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro asynchronous quad-core processor. According to reports, Xperia Tablet Z is the first to house this processor. The tablet runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, packs 2GB of RAM and will come in 16GB and 32GB models.
The tablet sports an 8-megapixel rear camera which is equipped with Exmor R feature for mobile and a 2-megapixel HD front-facing camera. The tablet will be available in black and white models and will have LTE and WIFI versions. The most notable feature of the Sony Xperia Z tablet is its One-touch function which enables users to share songs, photos and videos to other NFC-enabled devices with ease and at fast speeds. Another feature is its Universal IR Remote that can control TV and other devices directly from the tablet.
The tablet a packs 6,000mAH battery and is a dust proof and water resistant. The 16GB version of the tablet will be priced at $500 while the 32GB version will be available for $600.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2