Asus Unveils Fonepad With Voice Calling Functionality
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 27, 2013 6:18 PM EST
Asus on Monday, unveiled Fonepad, a 7-inch tablet with built-in voice calling functionality, at Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona.
The tablet is powered by a new Intel Atom Z2420 processor and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system. It features a 7 inch vibrant HD display at 1280 X 800 pixels resolution along with IPS technology for wider view angle and outstanding clarity.
"It is ideal to have a larger screen with entertainment, social media and other online activities now playing an increasingly important part in our mobile lifestyles," said Jonney Shih, ASUS Chairman. "The incorporation of 3G mobile data with full telephony support, makes the Fonepad the perfect combination of a tablet and phone in one single device."
The Asus Fonepad is perfect for people who value both the voice communication features of a smartphone and the entertainment offered by a tablet. It is a sleek and compact tablet with metallic design which makes one able to hold it comfortably in one hand.
The Fonepad is available in 8GB and 16GB storage options and also has an SD card slot for expanding storage up to 32GB. Both model features 1.2 megapixel front facing camera for video chat, and an optional 3 megapixel autofocus camera with 720p HD video recording.
The tablet also comes with a number of exclusive Asus apps such as Floating App for easy management of running apps and simpler multi-tasking; SuperNote lite for hand written notes and drawing; and WebStorage Office Online for Microsoft Office-compatible documents editing. Along with these exclusive productivity apps, tablet user will also get 5GB of free Asus WebStorage for lifetime.
"Extending our long history of collaboration, including most recently on the Ultrabook and Intel-based tablets, we are very excited to be partnering with ASUS again," said Hermann Eul, Intel vice president and co-general manager of the Mobile and Communications Group. "Intel's new Atom Z2420 processor delivers the power, performance and flexibility required to accommodate a range of devices and market needs. We think the ASUS Fonepad is a very innovative device in an emerging category of 3G tablets with telephony features."
Asus Fonepad will be available from next month at a starting price of €219 for 8GB model with rear camera.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around