Travel in Style: 3 Top-of-the-line Cruises for 2013
By Gilda Galang | February 27, 2013 3:59 PM EST
Over a hundred years ago, the Titanic sunk in the depths of the North Atlantic. Dubbed as the unsinkable ship back then, the Titanic's tragedy came as a shock and an unnecessary loss, as back then, the real tragedy was the lack of safety equipment onboard.
Now, Australian billionaire and tycoon Clive Palmer reveals his plans to reconstruct the Titanic as a cruise ship. Though it's claim isn't as brash and bold as being unsinkable, this time, there will be better safety precautions than before, reports Daily Mail.
A six-day maiden voyage is slated to take place in 2016, traveling from Southampton to New York, as a nod to the past incomplete journey. Before the Titanic II official sees another voyage, here are three top-notch cruises that you can check out and participate in-in case the name Titanic II is too daunting to experience a cruise in.
Silversea Cruise has recently added another cruise ship to its fleet this year, now boasting to seven ships all in all to take you to your desired destination.
The cruise ship is defined by its seven ships, which propel you to seven continents around the world. Choose from several cruise options including Mediterranean, North Europe & Baltic, Africa, Arabia, & Indian Ocean, Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific, Caribbean, Mexico & Panama Canal, and the World Cruise tour.
Forbes reports that with each ship, you get to enjoy the cultures that will be visited by each destination, but it's an experience that is best shared by intimate couples or friends.
You can also enjoy a Steiner-managed spa, fitness center, and an intimate dining experience, brought only by the world-class chefs of Relais and Châteaux. Personalized service also heightens the luxury that you'll experience, with the European attitude topped with a welcome-aboard champagne, reports Fodors.
If you are the type to go on cruises to experience exquisite dining, Oceania Cruises would be one of the most notable indulges you can find.
According to AvoyaTravel, Executive Culinary Director Jaques Pépin is the overall supervisor of the Oceania Cruises menus. Not only an author of more than 20 cookbooks, Pépin has also served several heads of states.
Frommers even commends the dining experience, as you get to choose from four restaurants for dinner, including the Grand Dining Room, the Mediterranean-style Toscana restaurant, an outdoor Tapas on the Terrace restaurant, and their own steakhouse, the Polo Grill.
Recommended and commended by Howard Hillman, the Crystal Cruises is reported to have two ships that have the capacity to transport 1,000 passengers, most of which will stay in suite cabins.
SixStarCruises also reports that this particular cruise has one of the biggest ships that have been classified as six-star, but it doesn't sacrifice personalized service, despite the sheer number of passengers.
One plus for families is that Crystal Cruises allows for families, as it radiates a friendly atmosphere, especially for elders as they tend to enjoy the destination-heavy cruise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toddler Defecates on Seat Aboard Delta Airlines
- MH17: Sight of People Pouring from the Sky Haunt Villagers
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Haiti, a Destination Only for the Brave Ones
- Hotel Bikini Berlin’s Toilet Exposes Guests as They Do Their Thing
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar