Travel in Style: 3 Top-of-the-line Cruises for 2013
By Gilda Galang | February 27, 2013 3:59 PM EST
Over a hundred years ago, the Titanic sunk in the depths of the North Atlantic. Dubbed as the unsinkable ship back then, the Titanic's tragedy came as a shock and an unnecessary loss, as back then, the real tragedy was the lack of safety equipment onboard.
Now, Australian billionaire and tycoon Clive Palmer reveals his plans to reconstruct the Titanic as a cruise ship. Though it's claim isn't as brash and bold as being unsinkable, this time, there will be better safety precautions than before, reports Daily Mail.
A six-day maiden voyage is slated to take place in 2016, traveling from Southampton to New York, as a nod to the past incomplete journey. Before the Titanic II official sees another voyage, here are three top-notch cruises that you can check out and participate in-in case the name Titanic II is too daunting to experience a cruise in.
Silversea Cruise has recently added another cruise ship to its fleet this year, now boasting to seven ships all in all to take you to your desired destination.
The cruise ship is defined by its seven ships, which propel you to seven continents around the world. Choose from several cruise options including Mediterranean, North Europe & Baltic, Africa, Arabia, & Indian Ocean, Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific, Caribbean, Mexico & Panama Canal, and the World Cruise tour.
Forbes reports that with each ship, you get to enjoy the cultures that will be visited by each destination, but it's an experience that is best shared by intimate couples or friends.
You can also enjoy a Steiner-managed spa, fitness center, and an intimate dining experience, brought only by the world-class chefs of Relais and Châteaux. Personalized service also heightens the luxury that you'll experience, with the European attitude topped with a welcome-aboard champagne, reports Fodors.
If you are the type to go on cruises to experience exquisite dining, Oceania Cruises would be one of the most notable indulges you can find.
According to AvoyaTravel, Executive Culinary Director Jaques Pépin is the overall supervisor of the Oceania Cruises menus. Not only an author of more than 20 cookbooks, Pépin has also served several heads of states.
Frommers even commends the dining experience, as you get to choose from four restaurants for dinner, including the Grand Dining Room, the Mediterranean-style Toscana restaurant, an outdoor Tapas on the Terrace restaurant, and their own steakhouse, the Polo Grill.
Recommended and commended by Howard Hillman, the Crystal Cruises is reported to have two ships that have the capacity to transport 1,000 passengers, most of which will stay in suite cabins.
SixStarCruises also reports that this particular cruise has one of the biggest ships that have been classified as six-star, but it doesn't sacrifice personalized service, despite the sheer number of passengers.
One plus for families is that Crystal Cruises allows for families, as it radiates a friendly atmosphere, especially for elders as they tend to enjoy the destination-heavy cruise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Plane Freezes in Russian Arctic, Passengers Push (WATCH VIDEO)
- Travel Alert: Australia Mulls To Review Airport Security Policy, Could Allow Scissors, Metal Cutlery Back In Planes
- MH370 Search Update: Airlines Chief Tim Clark Suggests The Possibility Of Information Being Kept Secret By Authorities -- Report
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft