Travel in Style: 3 Top-of-the-line Cruises for 2013
By Gilda Galang | February 27, 2013 3:59 PM EST
Over a hundred years ago, the Titanic sunk in the depths of the North Atlantic. Dubbed as the unsinkable ship back then, the Titanic's tragedy came as a shock and an unnecessary loss, as back then, the real tragedy was the lack of safety equipment onboard.
Now, Australian billionaire and tycoon Clive Palmer reveals his plans to reconstruct the Titanic as a cruise ship. Though it's claim isn't as brash and bold as being unsinkable, this time, there will be better safety precautions than before, reports Daily Mail.
A six-day maiden voyage is slated to take place in 2016, traveling from Southampton to New York, as a nod to the past incomplete journey. Before the Titanic II official sees another voyage, here are three top-notch cruises that you can check out and participate in-in case the name Titanic II is too daunting to experience a cruise in.
Silversea Cruise has recently added another cruise ship to its fleet this year, now boasting to seven ships all in all to take you to your desired destination.
The cruise ship is defined by its seven ships, which propel you to seven continents around the world. Choose from several cruise options including Mediterranean, North Europe & Baltic, Africa, Arabia, & Indian Ocean, Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific, Caribbean, Mexico & Panama Canal, and the World Cruise tour.
Forbes reports that with each ship, you get to enjoy the cultures that will be visited by each destination, but it's an experience that is best shared by intimate couples or friends.
You can also enjoy a Steiner-managed spa, fitness center, and an intimate dining experience, brought only by the world-class chefs of Relais and Châteaux. Personalized service also heightens the luxury that you'll experience, with the European attitude topped with a welcome-aboard champagne, reports Fodors.
If you are the type to go on cruises to experience exquisite dining, Oceania Cruises would be one of the most notable indulges you can find.
According to AvoyaTravel, Executive Culinary Director Jaques Pépin is the overall supervisor of the Oceania Cruises menus. Not only an author of more than 20 cookbooks, Pépin has also served several heads of states.
Frommers even commends the dining experience, as you get to choose from four restaurants for dinner, including the Grand Dining Room, the Mediterranean-style Toscana restaurant, an outdoor Tapas on the Terrace restaurant, and their own steakhouse, the Polo Grill.
Recommended and commended by Howard Hillman, the Crystal Cruises is reported to have two ships that have the capacity to transport 1,000 passengers, most of which will stay in suite cabins.
SixStarCruises also reports that this particular cruise has one of the biggest ships that have been classified as six-star, but it doesn't sacrifice personalized service, despite the sheer number of passengers.
One plus for families is that Crystal Cruises allows for families, as it radiates a friendly atmosphere, especially for elders as they tend to enjoy the destination-heavy cruise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russia Floats Another Ridiculous Conspiracy Theory that MH 370 & 17 Is One Jet Which U.S. Military Arranged to Be Blown Up Over Ukraine
- MH17: Pro-Russian Rebel Confesses Firing on Plane by Mistake
- What May Have Happened to Malaysia Airlines MH17: 5 Strangest Conspiracy Theories; Crash Victim Had Frightening ‘Premonition’
- Refloated Italy Cruise Ship Costa Concordia Embarks Final Voyage, Bids Port of Giglio for the Very Last Time (PHOTOS)
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russians Feel Glut Over Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories on Downed Jet
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown