Rex Ryan to Pick New Quarterback, Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow – Who is Better?
By Ryan Inoyori | February 27, 2013 3:21 PM EST
The fans of New York Jets awaits for answers from the team's head coach Rex Ryan who is still picking the starting quarterback in the 2013 season - Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez.
"Well, currently, and as you look at everything, Tim is under contract to be a New York Jet and so we'll see how things go in the off season," a statement from Ryan's from the Web site latinospost.com said.
The only thing that can be assumed from Rex Ryan's statement that Tim Tebow is still under contract and the answer of who would be the man to play quarterback remains hanging. Same with the Jet's general manager John Idzik, giving no hints or pointing out who, which only pertains to the overall improvement of the whole team that is looking forward to rebound from their second straight losing season.
"I think everyone, Mark included, that he, our offense, our team as a whole needs to perform better than we did in 2012. We're going to increase the competition so that he plays better. We've got a new offensive coordinator, a new quarterback coach. That will be healthy," Idzik said.
But the audience looking after the Jets has their own point of view who is better to play quarterback.
'The prevailing thought in the organization is that Tebow is nothing more than a gimmick. "He's terrible," a defensive starter told the New York Daily News.
Left guard Matt Slauson, who has repeatedly supported Sanchez, made it clear that the fourth-year signal caller is the Jets' best quarterback.
"It's not even close. All other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don't really have a choice. We have Greg ... and we have an athlete," Slauson told Daily News.
The admirable support of many teammates and coaches to Sanchez continues yet at some point, Sanchez is considered to be one of the league's worst quarterbacks similar to Blaine Gabbert, John Skelton and Matt Cassel. The New York Jets just don't believe in Tim Tebow.
After their loss in the 2012 season, Sanchez is believed to give a better chance of winning for the team but the fear of criticism of not letting Tebow get started earlier the season which may have led the winning of the Jets gives rise to the question. - Would people want to see him return for the next season?
The trade between two determines the success and failure of the Jets this season, and it seems both Sanchez and Tebow are needed inside the team.
"No matter how atrocious the offense gets with Sanchez behind center, there's no way the Jets would be better off with Tebow at this point. You have to believe you can win in order to win, and nobody except Tebow believes in Tebow right now in the Jets locker room," a post from the bleacherreport.com said.
For now, the fans must wait who Ryan will pick from the two to fit as the next quarterback for the Jets.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build