StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Australia Launch (Live Stream Here)
By Gilda Galang | February 27, 2013 3:07 PM EST
After years of waiting and listening to rumors of a return-release, StarCraft fans need not wait any further, as this year brings StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. On March 11, gamers in Australia will enjoy the official launch, to be held at Federation Square, Melbourne.
To kick things off and follow the celebration as it spreads across the planet, Blizzard will be cohosting a special 21-hour launch broadcast with noted eSports personality and commentator Sean "Day" Plott, in conjunction with Twitch.tv, at http://www.StarCraft2.com/SwarmLaunch .
Viewers will also be treated to additional exclusive content, including community-created videos and "King of the Beta" tournament matches between top pro gamers, hosted by Day, who'll be transmitting from a bunker deep inside Blizzard's Irvine HQ, the company statement said.
Kerrigan's Quest Unbound
In an online event, publisher and developer Blizzard Entertainment featured a trailer that showcases Kerrigan's journey after the demise of a world.
The second installment picks up from where Wings of Liberty ended, looking closely at Kerrigan's quest to reunite the Swarm and exact her revenge on Arcturus Mengsk.
For StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, you'll go through 20 campaign missions throughout the galaxy, collecting and including zerg species into her army, customize new abilities, and basically create new zerg strains that would serve as her allies.
Gamers will also enjoy new weapons that will be making their debut in the second installment. Terran Hellbats, Zerg Swarm Hosts, and Protoss Tempests are just some of the debuts, while Wings of Liberty will be making a comeback complete with upgrades.
"The StarCraft community has been anticipating Heart of the Swarm for a long time," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "I believe you will find it was worth the wait."
As an additional bonus to gamer guests, Nick O'Shea, Associate PR Manager of Blizzard Entertainment, said, "When the clock strikes midnight, gamers will be able to pick up their copies of the expansion as well as have them autographed by members of the StarCraft II development team.
Perks of gamer guests
Those who will be attending the official StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm launches will be treated to the coveted chance of owning a standard edition and the retail-exclusive collector's edition, the latter of which contains bonus items that diehard fans will enjoy.
You'll get Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-ray, complete with a developer commentary on the StarCraft universe, interviews with voice actors, and a historical retrospective brought by StarCraft's eSports legacy.
There's also the collector's edition soundtrack CD complete with the 11 tracks featured in the game, a hardcover art book, featuring 144 pages of never-before-seen art, early concept sketches, and 3D drawings, a collector's edition mousepad, a StarCraft II Torrasque, a StarCraft II Portraits and Decals for customization of your online profile and in-game army, and a Baneling companion World of Warcraft In-Game Pet for Pet Battle Scenes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report