Oscars 2013: Anne Hathaway Cries During Post-Oscars Interview
By Czarina Malleta | February 27, 2013 2:44 PM EST
It has been a good start this year for Anne Hathaway after she bagged the "Best Supporting Actress" award at the 2013 Oscars.
Although she appeared very emotional during her acceptance speech when she was announced the winner, Anne managed to hold it all together but not until her Oscars post-interview.
The winner for "Best Supporting Actress" broke down into tears when she was asked about how she felt while accepting the recognition for her role as the tragic prostitute "Fantine" in the movie "Les Miserables."
When the press asked her what she meant when she said the phrase "it came true" during her acceptance speech, an emotional Anne struggled to find her words as she firmly clutched her Oscar.
"I had a dream and it came true. And it can happen and it's wonderful," Anne tearfully said.
While it seemed like she was having a hard time during her speeches, it has been claimed that Hathaway worked on what to say in the event she won to make herself more likeable for the viewers.
An insider said that Anne was pushed to perfect her speech after she was criticized about the earlier speech she gave out on previous awards season.
"She was very aware that she had been the butt of everyone's jokes," a source told on USmagazine.com.
After her win at the Oscars, Anne Hathaway also revealed that she has been struggling with the negative criticisms aimed towards her for the past months.
"It does get to me. But you have to remember in life that there's a positive to every negative and a negative to every positive," the actress said.
Anne has been criticized after her long acceptance speech at the BAFTA awards. Apart from her speech, Anne was also ridiculed by her fashion faux pas moment at the recent Academy Awards. A lot of Twitter users made fun of her and her poorly constructed outfit that emphasized her nipples. A Twitter account dedicated to Anne's nips was even made.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]