Top 5 iPhone 6, 5S Features Confirmed by Apple’s Patents
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 27, 2013 1:38 PM EST
Tech giant Apple's patents may have given hints on the upcoming features of the next iPhone.
A new patent was filed by Apple that will allow iPhone to predict how to handle itself without any input from the user.
The new patent is called "Electronic device with automatic mode switching," which suggests that the company has come up with a way for their devices to carry out specific tasks based on a number of different conditions.
The device could detect external noises, time of day, lighting conditions and temperatures to then act accordingly by using embedded sensors.
If Apple implements this kind of technology in their mobile devices, it could certainly make their devices much smarter as they automatically adjust to multiple situations in a person's life, rather than the person having to adjust their phone on a regular basis.
iPhone 6, on the other hand, is speculated to be released in June. Rumour has it that Apple will unveil a major iPhone and a low cost handset, dubbed as iPhone 5S.
Apple are expected to include an improved camera in the iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 5S which is rumoured to be capable of taking "Super HD" pictures. In order to take snaps at that resolution it'll need to have at least a 13 mega-pixel camera.
The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone. Rumours suggest that the iPhone 5S could include support for the contact-less technology which can be used to pay for items in retail stores. Other features rumoured to be included in the handset is the A7 quad core chip processor, Retina or IGZO screen display among others.
Below are the top five features that may be included in Apple's new smartphones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013