iPhone Tops Reliability Survey, Better than Android Phones
By Ryan Inoyori | February 27, 2013 12:21 PM EST
Android phone manufacturers Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and Windows Mobile lead runner Nokia still are no match to Apple's iPhone when it comes to reliability, a survey says. A report from FixYa showed the loyalty of many smartphone users that made the iPhone beat other top-of-the-line units such as Samsung Galaxy S3 and Nokia Lumia 920 when it comes to function and ecosystem.
"Recent stock slide notwithstanding, Apple has been the top dog in the smartphone market since the company revolutionized the realm by introducing the world's first touchscreen smartphone in 2007. And despite the recent angst surrounding Apple and its lack of exciting new products or revolutionary foresight, the iPhone is still the most popular single smartphone model," an excerpt from the Fixya report reads.
The report was based on a survey of Fixya users, revealing that the iPhone is ahead of Samsung, Nokia, and Motorola smartphones from overall user interface experience, applications and reliability of usage and firmware.
The report also looked at 722,558 problem reported on the Fixya Web site and combined the data with market share information from StatCounter to generate the ultimate score in reliability from each smartphone manufacturer.
Apple scored 3.47 on Fixya's Reliability study which makes the iPhone 187 per cent more reliable than Samsung's 1.21; Samsung score is higher by 25 times compared to Motorola.
"Our newest FixYa report looks at lines like the iPhone, Galaxy, or Lumia, and through a careful analysis of issues versus market share, we've been able to directly compare manufacturers using a reliability score. The result is an accurate and fair method of a scaled approach to fairly compare these top companies to truly see who is the most reliable, and who is barely even competing," Fixya CEO and founder Yaniv Bensadon announced in a press release.
The truth about the reliability of iPhone is also supported by many users worldwide and tech critics and reviewers pointed many factors why the iOS phone is better than Android devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown