iPhone Tops Reliability Survey, Better than Android Phones
By Ryan Inoyori | February 27, 2013 12:21 PM EST
Android phone manufacturers Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and Windows Mobile lead runner Nokia still are no match to Apple's iPhone when it comes to reliability, a survey says. A report from FixYa showed the loyalty of many smartphone users that made the iPhone beat other top-of-the-line units such as Samsung Galaxy S3 and Nokia Lumia 920 when it comes to function and ecosystem.
"Recent stock slide notwithstanding, Apple has been the top dog in the smartphone market since the company revolutionized the realm by introducing the world's first touchscreen smartphone in 2007. And despite the recent angst surrounding Apple and its lack of exciting new products or revolutionary foresight, the iPhone is still the most popular single smartphone model," an excerpt from the Fixya report reads.
The report was based on a survey of Fixya users, revealing that the iPhone is ahead of Samsung, Nokia, and Motorola smartphones from overall user interface experience, applications and reliability of usage and firmware.
The report also looked at 722,558 problem reported on the Fixya Web site and combined the data with market share information from StatCounter to generate the ultimate score in reliability from each smartphone manufacturer.
Apple scored 3.47 on Fixya's Reliability study which makes the iPhone 187 per cent more reliable than Samsung's 1.21; Samsung score is higher by 25 times compared to Motorola.
"Our newest FixYa report looks at lines like the iPhone, Galaxy, or Lumia, and through a careful analysis of issues versus market share, we've been able to directly compare manufacturers using a reliability score. The result is an accurate and fair method of a scaled approach to fairly compare these top companies to truly see who is the most reliable, and who is barely even competing," Fixya CEO and founder Yaniv Bensadon announced in a press release.
The truth about the reliability of iPhone is also supported by many users worldwide and tech critics and reviewers pointed many factors why the iOS phone is better than Android devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier