iPhone Tops Reliability Survey, Better than Android Phones
By Ryan Inoyori | February 27, 2013 12:21 PM EST
Android phone manufacturers Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and Windows Mobile lead runner Nokia still are no match to Apple's iPhone when it comes to reliability, a survey says. A report from FixYa showed the loyalty of many smartphone users that made the iPhone beat other top-of-the-line units such as Samsung Galaxy S3 and Nokia Lumia 920 when it comes to function and ecosystem.
"Recent stock slide notwithstanding, Apple has been the top dog in the smartphone market since the company revolutionized the realm by introducing the world's first touchscreen smartphone in 2007. And despite the recent angst surrounding Apple and its lack of exciting new products or revolutionary foresight, the iPhone is still the most popular single smartphone model," an excerpt from the Fixya report reads.
The report was based on a survey of Fixya users, revealing that the iPhone is ahead of Samsung, Nokia, and Motorola smartphones from overall user interface experience, applications and reliability of usage and firmware.
The report also looked at 722,558 problem reported on the Fixya Web site and combined the data with market share information from StatCounter to generate the ultimate score in reliability from each smartphone manufacturer.
Apple scored 3.47 on Fixya's Reliability study which makes the iPhone 187 per cent more reliable than Samsung's 1.21; Samsung score is higher by 25 times compared to Motorola.
"Our newest FixYa report looks at lines like the iPhone, Galaxy, or Lumia, and through a careful analysis of issues versus market share, we've been able to directly compare manufacturers using a reliability score. The result is an accurate and fair method of a scaled approach to fairly compare these top companies to truly see who is the most reliable, and who is barely even competing," Fixya CEO and founder Yaniv Bensadon announced in a press release.
The truth about the reliability of iPhone is also supported by many users worldwide and tech critics and reviewers pointed many factors why the iOS phone is better than Android devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate