Pippa Middleton to Give Kitchen Advice in Supermarket Magazine Column
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 27, 2013 11:23 AM EST
Yes, she's still an ordinary person.
Pippa Middleton, sister of Britian's future queen, will give kitchen advice to the British masses as she takes on a new job as a food writer for the monthly magazine of supermarket chain, Waitrose.
Kate Middleton's sister was tapped to write a column, dubbed as Pippa's Friday Night Feasts, beginning April, which will feature casual dining ideas and recipes. The editor, William Sitwell, said Pippa will be providing 'relaxed and easy entertaining ideas which will help with the preparation for all sorts of occasions.' Are we expecting lots of comfort food since her sister is five months pregnant?
While many think that the job with the supermarket chain is a demotion for the royal sister, Pippa seemed to be totally cool with it, saying, "I'm delighted to be writing for Waitrose Kitchen, a magazine that's always been a source of inspiration to me for its extensive spectrum of food and beautiful style." The 29-year-old party planner also added that her column would be an "exciting opportunity to share her passion and enthusiasm for food and entertaining and she can't wait to get started."
This column marks her third writing gig for the masses, following the release of her party-planning book Celebrate last October and her guest diary in The Spectator during Christmas.
However, many are wondering whether Pippa has any real cooking training or background in food to write this column. Their doubts stem from the mixed reviews received by her book last year, with many complaining that the tips she offered were obvious and unimaginative, causing it not to sell and be removed from the shelves of book stores early.
At the time, she responded to her Celebrate critics with the proposal of a sequel called "Bottoms Up."
Well, guess it doesn't really matter when you're the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, but let's hope this new writing venture would more successful for Kate's younger sister.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate