Pippa Middleton to Give Kitchen Advice in Supermarket Magazine Column
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 27, 2013 11:23 AM EST
Yes, she's still an ordinary person.
Pippa Middleton, sister of Britian's future queen, will give kitchen advice to the British masses as she takes on a new job as a food writer for the monthly magazine of supermarket chain, Waitrose.
Kate Middleton's sister was tapped to write a column, dubbed as Pippa's Friday Night Feasts, beginning April, which will feature casual dining ideas and recipes. The editor, William Sitwell, said Pippa will be providing 'relaxed and easy entertaining ideas which will help with the preparation for all sorts of occasions.' Are we expecting lots of comfort food since her sister is five months pregnant?
While many think that the job with the supermarket chain is a demotion for the royal sister, Pippa seemed to be totally cool with it, saying, "I'm delighted to be writing for Waitrose Kitchen, a magazine that's always been a source of inspiration to me for its extensive spectrum of food and beautiful style." The 29-year-old party planner also added that her column would be an "exciting opportunity to share her passion and enthusiasm for food and entertaining and she can't wait to get started."
This column marks her third writing gig for the masses, following the release of her party-planning book Celebrate last October and her guest diary in The Spectator during Christmas.
However, many are wondering whether Pippa has any real cooking training or background in food to write this column. Their doubts stem from the mixed reviews received by her book last year, with many complaining that the tips she offered were obvious and unimaginative, causing it not to sell and be removed from the shelves of book stores early.
At the time, she responded to her Celebrate critics with the proposal of a sequel called "Bottoms Up."
Well, guess it doesn't really matter when you're the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, but let's hope this new writing venture would more successful for Kate's younger sister.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists