Pippa Middleton to Give Kitchen Advice in Supermarket Magazine Column
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 27, 2013 11:23 AM EST
Yes, she's still an ordinary person.
Pippa Middleton, sister of Britian's future queen, will give kitchen advice to the British masses as she takes on a new job as a food writer for the monthly magazine of supermarket chain, Waitrose.
Kate Middleton's sister was tapped to write a column, dubbed as Pippa's Friday Night Feasts, beginning April, which will feature casual dining ideas and recipes. The editor, William Sitwell, said Pippa will be providing 'relaxed and easy entertaining ideas which will help with the preparation for all sorts of occasions.' Are we expecting lots of comfort food since her sister is five months pregnant?
While many think that the job with the supermarket chain is a demotion for the royal sister, Pippa seemed to be totally cool with it, saying, "I'm delighted to be writing for Waitrose Kitchen, a magazine that's always been a source of inspiration to me for its extensive spectrum of food and beautiful style." The 29-year-old party planner also added that her column would be an "exciting opportunity to share her passion and enthusiasm for food and entertaining and she can't wait to get started."
This column marks her third writing gig for the masses, following the release of her party-planning book Celebrate last October and her guest diary in The Spectator during Christmas.
However, many are wondering whether Pippa has any real cooking training or background in food to write this column. Their doubts stem from the mixed reviews received by her book last year, with many complaining that the tips she offered were obvious and unimaginative, causing it not to sell and be removed from the shelves of book stores early.
At the time, she responded to her Celebrate critics with the proposal of a sequel called "Bottoms Up."
Well, guess it doesn't really matter when you're the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, but let's hope this new writing venture would more successful for Kate's younger sister.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown