Pippa Middleton to Give Kitchen Advice in Supermarket Magazine Column
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 27, 2013 11:23 AM EST
Yes, she's still an ordinary person.
Pippa Middleton, sister of Britian's future queen, will give kitchen advice to the British masses as she takes on a new job as a food writer for the monthly magazine of supermarket chain, Waitrose.
Kate Middleton's sister was tapped to write a column, dubbed as Pippa's Friday Night Feasts, beginning April, which will feature casual dining ideas and recipes. The editor, William Sitwell, said Pippa will be providing 'relaxed and easy entertaining ideas which will help with the preparation for all sorts of occasions.' Are we expecting lots of comfort food since her sister is five months pregnant?
While many think that the job with the supermarket chain is a demotion for the royal sister, Pippa seemed to be totally cool with it, saying, "I'm delighted to be writing for Waitrose Kitchen, a magazine that's always been a source of inspiration to me for its extensive spectrum of food and beautiful style." The 29-year-old party planner also added that her column would be an "exciting opportunity to share her passion and enthusiasm for food and entertaining and she can't wait to get started."
This column marks her third writing gig for the masses, following the release of her party-planning book Celebrate last October and her guest diary in The Spectator during Christmas.
However, many are wondering whether Pippa has any real cooking training or background in food to write this column. Their doubts stem from the mixed reviews received by her book last year, with many complaining that the tips she offered were obvious and unimaginative, causing it not to sell and be removed from the shelves of book stores early.
At the time, she responded to her Celebrate critics with the proposal of a sequel called "Bottoms Up."
Well, guess it doesn't really matter when you're the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, but let's hope this new writing venture would more successful for Kate's younger sister.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown