Subaru Hits 700,000 Sales Mark in Australia
By Car Advice | February 27, 2013 11:22 AM EST
Subaru has sold its 700,000th vehicle in Australia, as the local division of Fuji Heavy Industries celebrates 40 years on our shores.
Subaru Australia managing director Nick Senior said Australia has long been one of Subaru's top four markets worldwide.
"It took 15 years for Subaru to sell its first 100,000 vehicles in Australia. The latest 100,000 has come in just 31 months."
While the majority of the vehicles sold have been all-wheel drive, recently the limited number rear-wheel drive Subaru BRZ sports car has proved successful too, so far selling 305 units since its launch in July, 2012. The BRZ's unrestricted sister car, the Toyota 86, has sold 2655 units since its June, 2012 launch.
Subaru says most of the 700,000 vehicles sold are split between the Forester (172,629), Outback (81,167), Tribeca (8053), Impreza (153,000) and Liberty (137,260), with a combined total of 562,806 units sold up to the end of January this year.
Read CarAdvice's 2013 Subaru Forester Review.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- All-New Mazda2 to Roll Out in Australia This Summer
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues