Subaru Hits 700,000 Sales Mark in Australia
By Car Advice | February 27, 2013 11:22 AM EST
Subaru has sold its 700,000th vehicle in Australia, as the local division of Fuji Heavy Industries celebrates 40 years on our shores.
Subaru Australia managing director Nick Senior said Australia has long been one of Subaru's top four markets worldwide.
"It took 15 years for Subaru to sell its first 100,000 vehicles in Australia. The latest 100,000 has come in just 31 months."
While the majority of the vehicles sold have been all-wheel drive, recently the limited number rear-wheel drive Subaru BRZ sports car has proved successful too, so far selling 305 units since its launch in July, 2012. The BRZ's unrestricted sister car, the Toyota 86, has sold 2655 units since its June, 2012 launch.
Subaru says most of the 700,000 vehicles sold are split between the Forester (172,629), Outback (81,167), Tribeca (8053), Impreza (153,000) and Liberty (137,260), with a combined total of 562,806 units sold up to the end of January this year.
Read CarAdvice's 2013 Subaru Forester Review.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- US Alerts Car Owners To Fix Air Bags Urgently As Defective Air Bags Are Causing Fatal Deaths With Shrapnels Flying Out
- Honda Connect a System Based on Android and NVIDIA Tegra Processor To make Driving Easy
- Over 1,000 New Jobs Available at Oakville Assembly – Ford of Canada
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family