Lisa Traylor-Wolff, Indiana Judge, Accused Of Having Sex With Prison Inmate
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 9:05 AM EST
Lisa Traylor-Wolff, a 52-year-old part-time Indiana judge and defense attorney, is facing professional misconduct charges of having sex with a 26-year-old prisoner she represented.
According to the Indianapolis Star, Traylor-Wolff is facing three disciplinary charges from the Indiana Commission on Judicial Qualifications based on an alleged sexual relationship with the inmate. In a statement, the Indiana Supreme Court said the commission had accused the senior judge of having a "physically intimate relationship with a 26-year-old client” while he was serving time at the Miami Correctional Facility on felony charges.
The commission alleged that Traylor-Wolff, who works part-time as a public defender, began the relationship when she was appointed to represent the defendant and continued it even while appealing on his behalf. The defendant’s name has not yet been released.
“The [inmate] was eventually convicted and sentenced to the Department of Correction,” the Supreme Court wrote in the statement. “Traylor-Wolff continued representing the client on appeal. …The commission alleges she began a romantic relationship with the client while representing him. The commission also alleges inappropriate conduct occurred when Traylor-Wolff and the client were in an attorney-client visitation room at the Miami Correctional Facility.”
According to the court’s statement, the disciplinary charges against Traylor-Wolff are only allegations at this point. “Only the five members of the Supreme Court can determine what, if any, allegations are true,” the court wrote.
Traylor-Wolff is currently employed by the Logansport firm Leeman Law Office, and is described in her bio has having “broad criminal practice” that include “extensive experience handling estates and family law issues.” She formerly served as president of the Pulaski County Bar Association and remains a member.
Traylor-Wolff has not commented on the allegations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display