Lisa Traylor-Wolff, Indiana Judge, Accused Of Having Sex With Prison Inmate
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2013 9:05 AM EST
Lisa Traylor-Wolff, a 52-year-old part-time Indiana judge and defense attorney, is facing professional misconduct charges of having sex with a 26-year-old prisoner she represented.
According to the Indianapolis Star, Traylor-Wolff is facing three disciplinary charges from the Indiana Commission on Judicial Qualifications based on an alleged sexual relationship with the inmate. In a statement, the Indiana Supreme Court said the commission had accused the senior judge of having a "physically intimate relationship with a 26-year-old client” while he was serving time at the Miami Correctional Facility on felony charges.
The commission alleged that Traylor-Wolff, who works part-time as a public defender, began the relationship when she was appointed to represent the defendant and continued it even while appealing on his behalf. The defendant’s name has not yet been released.
“The [inmate] was eventually convicted and sentenced to the Department of Correction,” the Supreme Court wrote in the statement. “Traylor-Wolff continued representing the client on appeal. …The commission alleges she began a romantic relationship with the client while representing him. The commission also alleges inappropriate conduct occurred when Traylor-Wolff and the client were in an attorney-client visitation room at the Miami Correctional Facility.”
According to the court’s statement, the disciplinary charges against Traylor-Wolff are only allegations at this point. “Only the five members of the Supreme Court can determine what, if any, allegations are true,” the court wrote.
Traylor-Wolff is currently employed by the Logansport firm Leeman Law Office, and is described in her bio has having “broad criminal practice” that include “extensive experience handling estates and family law issues.” She formerly served as president of the Pulaski County Bar Association and remains a member.
Traylor-Wolff has not commented on the allegations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Canada Claims Good Progress in EU Trade Pact Despite Germany’s Defiant Postures
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast