Barcelona v Real Madrid: Copa del Rey, Where to Watch El Clasico Live, Preview and Team News
By Vishnuprasad S | February 27, 2013 2:43 AM EST
It's the fifth El Clasico this season and there is a place in the King's Cup final up for grabs this time.
Barcelona host Real Madrid at Camp Nou in the second leg of the Copa del Rey semi final, after the two sides played out a 1-1 draw in the first leg at the Bernabeu last month.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 8pm GMT, with Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD providing live coverage in the UK
Barcelona would progress to the final for the second successive season, if they beat Real tonight or at least manage to keep them off the score sheet, while Jose Mourinho's side can book their place in the final, with either a victory at Camp Nou, or even a high scoring draw.
The Catalans managed to bounce back from last week's 2-0 loss to AC Milan at San Siro in the Champions League, with a narrow 2-1 home win over Sevilla at the weekend. Jordi Roura's men can take heart from the fact that they are currently on a 22-match unbeaten run at Camp Nou, winning 18.
Meanwhile, Real's recent form on the road has been far from impressive, with just three victories in their last 10 away games. However, Los Blancos warmed up to the Clasico by beating Deportivo La Coruna 2-1 away at the weekend but, like Barcelona, they also did not have a favourable result in the Champions League, earning only a 1-1 draw at home against Manchester United.
Barcelona are currently at the top of the La Liga table with 68 points from 25 matches, 12 above second-placed Atletico Madrid and 16 clear of third-placed Real. However, the Catalans have won just one of their last six El Clasicos.
Lionel Messi, who has scored 17 goals in his 23 games against Real, can usurp Real legend Alfredo di Stefano as the leading goalscorer in El Clasico history, if he scores a brace tonight. Cristiano Ronaldo, on the other hand, has been on sublime scoring form in this fixture himself, with seven goals in his last seven Clasicos.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W L W W D
- Last Match: Barcelona 2 - 1 Sevilla
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W W D W L
- Last Match: Deportivo La Coruna 1 - 2 Real Madrid
Barcelona: Roura will have a full squad to pick from if Adriano, who returns from a hamstring problem, clears a late fitness test. Carles Puyol, Sergio Busquets, Cesc Fabregas and Xavi are all set to return to the line-up, after being rested at the weekend.
Probable Starting Line-up (4-3-3): Pinto; Alves, Pique, Puyol, Alba; Busquets, Xavi, Fabregas; Pedro, Messi, Iniesta
Real Madrid: Mourinho also has no injury concerns except captain Iker Casillas (fractured hand). Sergio Ramos, Angel di Maria and Fabio Coentrao, who missed the first leg through suspension, are available and expected to start, while Kaka could also make it to the line-up, after his match-winning performance against Deportivo at the weekend.
Probable Starting Line-up (4-2-3-1): Lopez; Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Arbeloa; Khedira, Alonso; di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo; Benzema
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date