Barcelona v Real Madrid: Copa del Rey, Where to Watch El Clasico Live, Preview and Team News
By Vishnuprasad S | February 27, 2013 2:43 AM EST
It's the fifth El Clasico this season and there is a place in the King's Cup final up for grabs this time.
Barcelona host Real Madrid at Camp Nou in the second leg of the Copa del Rey semi final, after the two sides played out a 1-1 draw in the first leg at the Bernabeu last month.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 8pm GMT, with Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD providing live coverage in the UK
Barcelona would progress to the final for the second successive season, if they beat Real tonight or at least manage to keep them off the score sheet, while Jose Mourinho's side can book their place in the final, with either a victory at Camp Nou, or even a high scoring draw.
The Catalans managed to bounce back from last week's 2-0 loss to AC Milan at San Siro in the Champions League, with a narrow 2-1 home win over Sevilla at the weekend. Jordi Roura's men can take heart from the fact that they are currently on a 22-match unbeaten run at Camp Nou, winning 18.
Meanwhile, Real's recent form on the road has been far from impressive, with just three victories in their last 10 away games. However, Los Blancos warmed up to the Clasico by beating Deportivo La Coruna 2-1 away at the weekend but, like Barcelona, they also did not have a favourable result in the Champions League, earning only a 1-1 draw at home against Manchester United.
Barcelona are currently at the top of the La Liga table with 68 points from 25 matches, 12 above second-placed Atletico Madrid and 16 clear of third-placed Real. However, the Catalans have won just one of their last six El Clasicos.
Lionel Messi, who has scored 17 goals in his 23 games against Real, can usurp Real legend Alfredo di Stefano as the leading goalscorer in El Clasico history, if he scores a brace tonight. Cristiano Ronaldo, on the other hand, has been on sublime scoring form in this fixture himself, with seven goals in his last seven Clasicos.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W L W W D
- Last Match: Barcelona 2 - 1 Sevilla
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W W D W L
- Last Match: Deportivo La Coruna 1 - 2 Real Madrid
Barcelona: Roura will have a full squad to pick from if Adriano, who returns from a hamstring problem, clears a late fitness test. Carles Puyol, Sergio Busquets, Cesc Fabregas and Xavi are all set to return to the line-up, after being rested at the weekend.
Probable Starting Line-up (4-3-3): Pinto; Alves, Pique, Puyol, Alba; Busquets, Xavi, Fabregas; Pedro, Messi, Iniesta
Real Madrid: Mourinho also has no injury concerns except captain Iker Casillas (fractured hand). Sergio Ramos, Angel di Maria and Fabio Coentrao, who missed the first leg through suspension, are available and expected to start, while Kaka could also make it to the line-up, after his match-winning performance against Deportivo at the weekend.
Probable Starting Line-up (4-2-3-1): Lopez; Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Arbeloa; Khedira, Alonso; di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo; Benzema
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe