Barcelona v Real Madrid: Copa del Rey, Where to Watch El Clasico Live, Preview and Team News
By Vishnuprasad S | February 27, 2013 2:43 AM EST
It's the fifth El Clasico this season and there is a place in the King's Cup final up for grabs this time.
Barcelona host Real Madrid at Camp Nou in the second leg of the Copa del Rey semi final, after the two sides played out a 1-1 draw in the first leg at the Bernabeu last month.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 8pm GMT, with Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD providing live coverage in the UK
Barcelona would progress to the final for the second successive season, if they beat Real tonight or at least manage to keep them off the score sheet, while Jose Mourinho's side can book their place in the final, with either a victory at Camp Nou, or even a high scoring draw.
The Catalans managed to bounce back from last week's 2-0 loss to AC Milan at San Siro in the Champions League, with a narrow 2-1 home win over Sevilla at the weekend. Jordi Roura's men can take heart from the fact that they are currently on a 22-match unbeaten run at Camp Nou, winning 18.
Meanwhile, Real's recent form on the road has been far from impressive, with just three victories in their last 10 away games. However, Los Blancos warmed up to the Clasico by beating Deportivo La Coruna 2-1 away at the weekend but, like Barcelona, they also did not have a favourable result in the Champions League, earning only a 1-1 draw at home against Manchester United.
Barcelona are currently at the top of the La Liga table with 68 points from 25 matches, 12 above second-placed Atletico Madrid and 16 clear of third-placed Real. However, the Catalans have won just one of their last six El Clasicos.
Lionel Messi, who has scored 17 goals in his 23 games against Real, can usurp Real legend Alfredo di Stefano as the leading goalscorer in El Clasico history, if he scores a brace tonight. Cristiano Ronaldo, on the other hand, has been on sublime scoring form in this fixture himself, with seven goals in his last seven Clasicos.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W L W W D
- Last Match: Barcelona 2 - 1 Sevilla
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W W D W L
- Last Match: Deportivo La Coruna 1 - 2 Real Madrid
Barcelona: Roura will have a full squad to pick from if Adriano, who returns from a hamstring problem, clears a late fitness test. Carles Puyol, Sergio Busquets, Cesc Fabregas and Xavi are all set to return to the line-up, after being rested at the weekend.
Probable Starting Line-up (4-3-3): Pinto; Alves, Pique, Puyol, Alba; Busquets, Xavi, Fabregas; Pedro, Messi, Iniesta
Real Madrid: Mourinho also has no injury concerns except captain Iker Casillas (fractured hand). Sergio Ramos, Angel di Maria and Fabio Coentrao, who missed the first leg through suspension, are available and expected to start, while Kaka could also make it to the line-up, after his match-winning performance against Deportivo at the weekend.
Probable Starting Line-up (4-2-3-1): Lopez; Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Arbeloa; Khedira, Alonso; di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo; Benzema
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6