Box Office Collection: ‘Special 26’ Going Steady Overseas; ‘ABCD’ Slumps
By Ankita Mehta | February 26, 2013 11:44 PM EST
Akshay Kumar starrer "Special 26" continues to draw audiences in its third week of running at the international box office.
The film has crossed the $1 million mark in the US after its third week which is quite fantastic for a film of this genre.
"#Special26 *total till Sun* UK £ 231,246 [Rs 1.90 cr], USA $ 1,022,395 [5.51 cr], Australia A$ 201,126 [1.12 cr], NZ NZ$ 75,175 [34.12 lacs]" trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film, which also features Kajal Agarwal, Jimmy Shergill, Manoj Bajpai, Anupam Kher and Divya Dutta in lead roles, is based on a real-life story of con artists.
"Special 26" was released along with Remo D'Souza's dance film "ABCD: Any Body Can Dance" worldwide on 8 February. Both films had a decent opening despite the competition.
However, their business was affected with the release of new film "Kai Po Che!" last week.
Meanwhile, "ABCD" which features Prabhu Deva in the main role had done quite well at collections centers. In the US and Austrial, the film raked in ₹8.32 lakh and ₹1.05 lakh, respectively, in its third weekend.
"ABCD", Bollywood's first 3D dance film, is directed by reknowned choreographer Remo D'Souza. Produced by Siddharth Roy Kapur and Ronnie Screwvala, the film was declared a superhit in India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)