‘Kai Po Che!’ Box Office Collection: Abhishek Kapoor's Directorial Earns ₹26 Crore Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | February 26, 2013 11:37 PM EST
"Kai Poi Che!", a youth-oriented film directed by Abhishek Kapoor, had a rocking start at the overseas box office.
The film, starring a fresh cast, has collected over ₹5.40 crores ($ 1 million) during the opening weekend overseas.
"#KaiPoChe has emerged a success story in UK, USA and UAE. In USA, it has crossed $ 500,000 mark, which is a rocking start. The film is strictly okay in Australia, although it witnessed day-wise growth there. The weak spots are New Zealand and Fiji," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
In India, the film proved to be a success story commercially. It has collected approximately ₹3.25 crore on Monday as compared to opening day collections.
The movie is earning more collections in multiplexes than on single screens. The ticket rates have been reduced which will affect the business of the film in the coming days. The overall total of the film after four days stands at ₹21.35 crore in India.
The total worldwide collection of the movie after 4 days sums up to be around ₹26.75 crore.
"Kai Po Che has done well and 95 per cent of its collections are from the multiplex. The film is doing very well in Mumbai, the South and Mysore and is okay across the rest of the country. The film opened to decent collections and jumped on Saturday and Sunday. It had a handsome weekend and the reviews helped the film even more," trade analyst Amod Mehra said, according to Mid-Day.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools