‘Kai Po Che!’ Box Office Collection: Abhishek Kapoor's Directorial Earns ₹26 Crore Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | February 26, 2013 11:37 PM EST
"Kai Poi Che!", a youth-oriented film directed by Abhishek Kapoor, had a rocking start at the overseas box office.
The film, starring a fresh cast, has collected over ₹5.40 crores ($ 1 million) during the opening weekend overseas.
"#KaiPoChe has emerged a success story in UK, USA and UAE. In USA, it has crossed $ 500,000 mark, which is a rocking start. The film is strictly okay in Australia, although it witnessed day-wise growth there. The weak spots are New Zealand and Fiji," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
In India, the film proved to be a success story commercially. It has collected approximately ₹3.25 crore on Monday as compared to opening day collections.
The movie is earning more collections in multiplexes than on single screens. The ticket rates have been reduced which will affect the business of the film in the coming days. The overall total of the film after four days stands at ₹21.35 crore in India.
The total worldwide collection of the movie after 4 days sums up to be around ₹26.75 crore.
"Kai Po Che has done well and 95 per cent of its collections are from the multiplex. The film is doing very well in Mumbai, the South and Mysore and is okay across the rest of the country. The film opened to decent collections and jumped on Saturday and Sunday. It had a handsome weekend and the reviews helped the film even more," trade analyst Amod Mehra said, according to Mid-Day.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)