The AOKP Team has officially announced the release of AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean custom ROM for several Android running devices. The latest build brings the Android 4.2.2 update which Google has recently rolled out for its Nexus devices.
The One XL can be upgraded to Android 4.2.2 using AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4.
As the team notes, the latest build is less about new features and more about bug fixes. The team has merged the previous AOKP code with the new Android 4.2.2. Moreover, the AOKP Build 4 adds support for a few more devices including HTC One XL. Head over to the development page for more information.
HTC One XL users, who wish to update their handsets with Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean custom ROM, may follow our step-by-step guide below.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised that the custom ROM works only on the HTC One XL and flashing this on any other variant may brick the device.
1) Download and install USB Drivers for HTC One XL on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create backup of all data of phone. If the device has a custom recovery installed, then make a backup of the same.
4) The battery of One XL should have more than 80 per cent charge.
5) The bootloader of the phone should be unlocked. The device should have ClcokworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
Steps to install Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean ROM on HTC One XL
1) Download Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean ROM for HTC One XL to your computer and extract boot.img from the zip file
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the HTC One XL to the computer using your USB cable. Now copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone
4) Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory
5) Switch off the phone. Enter bootloader/factboot mode. Turn on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons together
6) In Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory on the computer and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right Click>> Open Command Prompt)
7) Type the following command and press Enter
fastboot flash boot boot.img
8) Then type the following command and press Enter
9) Follow the instruction on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY
10) In ClockworkMod recovery, perform data wiping task. Then scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card' and press the Power button to select it. Press the Power button again and select 'Choose zip from SD card'
12) Using volume buttons, browse to Android 4.2.2 ROM zip file and select it using the Power button. Confirm installation on the next screen. The installation procedure should start now
13) After the installation process is completed, return to main recovery menu and select 'Reboot System now.' The phone may take about five minutes to boot up for the first time
HTC One XL should be now updated and running on Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean custom ROM. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: