Apple iOS 6.1.3 Kills Jailbreak for iPhone 5, Other Devices, Evad3rs to Develop New Tool - Report
By Arlene Paredes | February 26, 2013 5:12 PM EST
Apple iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak for iPhone 5 and other iOS devices is not possible, according to a developer who works with a popular jailbreaking group. The Apple OS update will reportedly not be rolled out until a month later, but the developer who tested it over the weekend has determined it was not going to work. In fact, jailbreaking developers may have to come up with a new tool and start from scratch.
Apple iOS 6.1.3 Coming in a Month's Time to Kill Evasi0n Jailbreak
David Wang, who is part of the untethered evasi0n jailbreak developers, has already tested the iOS 6.1.3 Beta 2. The results showed the new iOS update has actually broken the evad3rs' jailbreak. This twist happened because the new Apple OS fixes one of the five old bugs that evasi0n exploited to create a jailbreak method.
"If one of the vulnerabilities doesn't work, evasi0n doesn't work," Wang was quoted by Forbes. "We could replace that part with a different vulnerability, but [Apple] will probably fix most if not all of the bugs we've used when 6.1.3 comes out."
Apple iOS 6.1.3 Update to Give Rise to a New Jailbreak Method?
However, Wang said he and his developer group would come up with a new jailbreak from scratch. If they patch most of the bugs," Wang says, "Then we're starting from scratch." So it's not entirely bad news for jailbroken Apple device users.
The Evasi0n group gained fame earlier this month after its jailbreak method freed iPhone 5 users. Forbes reported seven million Apple devices were jailbroken only four days after evasi0n released its jailbreak technique.
Wang guessed Apple would release the 6.1.3 update in a month's time. Jailbroken device users are advised to keep themselves posted as to the effects of iOS 6.1.3 update to their device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family