Bharti, Idea Rally on Hopes of Cut in Airwave Prices
February 26, 2013 3:24 PM EST
Shares in mobile network operators rallied on Tuesday, with Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.NS) rising as much as 9.3 percent, on hopes the government would have to cut the reserve price in the auctions of remaining airwaves.
Expectations rose after only Sistema (SSAq.L) bid in an auction of airwaves on Monday.
Bharti shares were up 4.6 percent as of 9:30 a.m., while Idea Cellular Ltd (IDEA.NS) was up 3.2 percent.
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Is Not Behind Samsung’s Downfall, The Real Achilles' Heel Is Xiaomi--Reports
- Unruly Female Passenger Who Assaults FA Forces Air Canada To Divert Flight
- Telstra Pays $102,000 For iPhone 6 Misleading Advertisement
- Instagram Rolls Out Five New Filters Including Aden, Crema, Ludwig, Perpetua And Slumber For Better Photos [WATCH VIDEO]
- Tariff Cuts Underway With Japan-Australia Economic Partnership