The ZTE 5.7 Grand Memo: A Phablet for All Lifestyles
By Gilda Galang | February 26, 2013 1:50 PM EST
ZTE joins the league of the big screens as it introduces its flagship phablet, the ZTE 5.7 Grand Memo at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
What comes as a pleasant surprise is ZTE's offering of a 1.5 GHz Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, which makes it the first Android smartphone to have this technology, reports EndGadget.
This powerful internal technology also gives the Grand Memo a boost, avoiding any lags in operations.
The Grand Memo also features top-of-the-line specs, like a 13-megapixel rear camera to match with current market leaders, a 5.7-inch display, 16GB onboard 2GB of RAM, LTE features, a 3200mAh battery, a 1-megapixel front camera, and an Android 4.1.
However, according to TechCrunch, users who are not fond of UIs in their OS will have to deal with ZTE's OEM skin, Mifavor UI. For the most part, existing UIs such as Sense, MotoBlur, and TouchWiz have not received favorable reviews from most users, so this add-on to the Grand Memo will have to undergo some further review and updates.
Apart from these specs, CoolSmartphone reports that cloud users will also have a great time accessing their data from anywhere without slashing off precious space from their Grand Memo. ZTE also offers its Z-Cloud service with the Grand Memo.
CNet also reports that ZTE added one particular feature, Dolby Digital technology, giving it an edge in terms of audio experience-and making it perfect for those who would want to use the Grand Memo for gaming or videos.
In a statement to TechCrunch, ZTE EVP and Head of Mobile Devices Division He Shiyou said, "We have really tried to make this device fun for use at home, and practice for use in the office. By combining these factors, we have created a well-rounded large-screen handset that is suitable for any situation. It's perfect for videos, gaming and music, and also for sending e-mails, checking news and making calls on the go."
EndGadget reports that the Grand Memo will first launch in China, and trickle to Europe afterwards. However, for the US launches, there is yet any word to be released, as ZTE has not yet pinpointed any strategic locations to target.
Overall, the Grand Memo is a suitable competitor, having the right main parts-long-standing battery life, a Qualcomm Snapdragon interior, boosted audio experience, and cloud services-which make for a good deal for both worlds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around