LG and Telstra Confirmed Pre-Orders for LG Optimus G
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 26, 2013 1:20 PM EST
LG Electronics and Telstra have confirmed that they will accept online pre-orders from customers for the much anticipated LG Optimus G smart phone before its scheduled release at Telstra stores on March 12. Those who conduct an online Telstra pre-order from February 25 until March 4 will be eligible to win the draw on the Australian F1 Grand Prix experience as a prize worth $25,000.
The package prize consists of flights and accommodations for 2 people to Melbourne, a Friday Paddock Club pass, pit lane walk, a hot-lap in a 2-seater F1 car, grandstand passes for Saturday and Sunday and pocket money worth $1,000 to splurge on.
Telstra customers can pre-order the LG Optimus G smart phone and find out more details at the web site www.telstra.com.au/optimus-g while the full competition details can be seen at www.lg.com.au/f1promo.
"Optimus G has generated a tremendous amount of positive interest and we want to make sure that customers anticipating the 'Superphone' will have the opportunity to get their hands on one as soon as possible. We believe this is simply the greatest Android handset to arrive in Australia to date," Jonathan Banks, LGE's new Head of Mobile Communications, stated.
On the other hand, Telstra Mobile Director Andrew Volard admitted that the company is excited to provide the LG Optimus G with the 4G network and offer it to the customers. "We're sure our customers will love the impressive LG Optimus G smartphone especially when paired with Telstra's high-speed 4G coverage which is available in more than 100 metropolitan and regional areas nationwide," Volard affirmed.
LG Optimus G smart phone will be available at $0 upfront on Telstra's $60 "Every Day Connect" plan over 24 months. The plan includes $600 worth of calls, unlimited SMS messages and 1GB of data. The smart phone is available as well with the $80, $100 and $130 plans all at over 24 months.
LG Optimus G includes the latest developments in hardware and software and signifies the collaboration between LG Display, LG Innotek and LG Chem. The Android 4.1 Jellybean smart phone has a 4.7-inch IPS screen with a 13MP camera and the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core CPU.
At a weight of 145 grams, LG Optimus G offers the Adreno 320 GPU, QuickMemo, QSlide, Dual Screen/Dual Play, Zerogap Touch screen technology, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi all incorporated in a 2100mAh battery with 32GB internal memory capacity and 2GB of RAM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef