LG and Telstra Confirmed Pre-Orders for LG Optimus G
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 26, 2013 1:20 PM EST
LG Electronics and Telstra have confirmed that they will accept online pre-orders from customers for the much anticipated LG Optimus G smart phone before its scheduled release at Telstra stores on March 12. Those who conduct an online Telstra pre-order from February 25 until March 4 will be eligible to win the draw on the Australian F1 Grand Prix experience as a prize worth $25,000.
The package prize consists of flights and accommodations for 2 people to Melbourne, a Friday Paddock Club pass, pit lane walk, a hot-lap in a 2-seater F1 car, grandstand passes for Saturday and Sunday and pocket money worth $1,000 to splurge on.
Telstra customers can pre-order the LG Optimus G smart phone and find out more details at the web site www.telstra.com.au/optimus-g while the full competition details can be seen at www.lg.com.au/f1promo.
"Optimus G has generated a tremendous amount of positive interest and we want to make sure that customers anticipating the 'Superphone' will have the opportunity to get their hands on one as soon as possible. We believe this is simply the greatest Android handset to arrive in Australia to date," Jonathan Banks, LGE's new Head of Mobile Communications, stated.
On the other hand, Telstra Mobile Director Andrew Volard admitted that the company is excited to provide the LG Optimus G with the 4G network and offer it to the customers. "We're sure our customers will love the impressive LG Optimus G smartphone especially when paired with Telstra's high-speed 4G coverage which is available in more than 100 metropolitan and regional areas nationwide," Volard affirmed.
LG Optimus G smart phone will be available at $0 upfront on Telstra's $60 "Every Day Connect" plan over 24 months. The plan includes $600 worth of calls, unlimited SMS messages and 1GB of data. The smart phone is available as well with the $80, $100 and $130 plans all at over 24 months.
LG Optimus G includes the latest developments in hardware and software and signifies the collaboration between LG Display, LG Innotek and LG Chem. The Android 4.1 Jellybean smart phone has a 4.7-inch IPS screen with a 13MP camera and the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core CPU.
At a weight of 145 grams, LG Optimus G offers the Adreno 320 GPU, QuickMemo, QSlide, Dual Screen/Dual Play, Zerogap Touch screen technology, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi all incorporated in a 2100mAh battery with 32GB internal memory capacity and 2GB of RAM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports