LG and Telstra Confirmed Pre-Orders for LG Optimus G
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 26, 2013 1:20 PM EST
LG Electronics and Telstra have confirmed that they will accept online pre-orders from customers for the much anticipated LG Optimus G smart phone before its scheduled release at Telstra stores on March 12. Those who conduct an online Telstra pre-order from February 25 until March 4 will be eligible to win the draw on the Australian F1 Grand Prix experience as a prize worth $25,000.
The package prize consists of flights and accommodations for 2 people to Melbourne, a Friday Paddock Club pass, pit lane walk, a hot-lap in a 2-seater F1 car, grandstand passes for Saturday and Sunday and pocket money worth $1,000 to splurge on.
Telstra customers can pre-order the LG Optimus G smart phone and find out more details at the web site www.telstra.com.au/optimus-g while the full competition details can be seen at www.lg.com.au/f1promo.
"Optimus G has generated a tremendous amount of positive interest and we want to make sure that customers anticipating the 'Superphone' will have the opportunity to get their hands on one as soon as possible. We believe this is simply the greatest Android handset to arrive in Australia to date," Jonathan Banks, LGE's new Head of Mobile Communications, stated.
On the other hand, Telstra Mobile Director Andrew Volard admitted that the company is excited to provide the LG Optimus G with the 4G network and offer it to the customers. "We're sure our customers will love the impressive LG Optimus G smartphone especially when paired with Telstra's high-speed 4G coverage which is available in more than 100 metropolitan and regional areas nationwide," Volard affirmed.
LG Optimus G smart phone will be available at $0 upfront on Telstra's $60 "Every Day Connect" plan over 24 months. The plan includes $600 worth of calls, unlimited SMS messages and 1GB of data. The smart phone is available as well with the $80, $100 and $130 plans all at over 24 months.
LG Optimus G includes the latest developments in hardware and software and signifies the collaboration between LG Display, LG Innotek and LG Chem. The Android 4.1 Jellybean smart phone has a 4.7-inch IPS screen with a 13MP camera and the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core CPU.
At a weight of 145 grams, LG Optimus G offers the Adreno 320 GPU, QuickMemo, QSlide, Dual Screen/Dual Play, Zerogap Touch screen technology, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi all incorporated in a 2100mAh battery with 32GB internal memory capacity and 2GB of RAM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff