Asus Reveals New Tablet in MWC: Powerful Intel Atom Combining Windows, Android OS
By Ryan Inoyori | February 26, 2013 12:07 PM EST
The Taiwanese manufacturer ASUS and co-creator of the Nexus 4 announced on Monday an Android tablet with Intel Atom processor installed. The company unveiled the information at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona with will lead to more power for the Android ecosystem using the Clover Trail feature of the processor.
"Today's announcements build on Intel's growing device portfolio across a range of mobile market segments. In less than a year's time we have worked closely with our customers to bring Intel-based smartphones to market in more than 20 countries around the world, and have also delivered an industry-leading low-power Atom SoC (System-on-a-chip) tablet solution running Windows 8," The Australian quoted Intel Vice President Hermann Eul.
ASUS is known for merging technologies and using them to run either on Windows or Android.
PCWorld.com reviewed the ASUS-made gargantuan tablet with 18.4-inch of screen display called Transformer All-in-One P1801. Aside from the shocking huge size and all-in-one PC capability, what makes it different from other similar devices is the ability to run both Microsoft Windows 8 and Android 4.1.1 Jellybean.
The unusual combination of dual-operating system is accessible by switching between the two by tapping a button along the right edge of the tablet. The switch seems to be working without any problems, making both Windows and Android run in one device possible.
The Transformer giant also holds two processors - the docking station with an Intel Core i5 or i7 and the device itself has NVIDIA Tegra 3.
Even with its gargantuan size, two processors, and two opposite OS, this ASUS Transformer has a starting price of $1,299 with 1TB hard drive in the base station and 32GB inside the tablet. The giant device was already shown at the CES 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell