Asus Reveals New Tablet in MWC: Powerful Intel Atom Combining Windows, Android OS
By Ryan Inoyori | February 26, 2013 12:07 PM EST
The Taiwanese manufacturer ASUS and co-creator of the Nexus 4 announced on Monday an Android tablet with Intel Atom processor installed. The company unveiled the information at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona with will lead to more power for the Android ecosystem using the Clover Trail feature of the processor.
"Today's announcements build on Intel's growing device portfolio across a range of mobile market segments. In less than a year's time we have worked closely with our customers to bring Intel-based smartphones to market in more than 20 countries around the world, and have also delivered an industry-leading low-power Atom SoC (System-on-a-chip) tablet solution running Windows 8," The Australian quoted Intel Vice President Hermann Eul.
ASUS is known for merging technologies and using them to run either on Windows or Android.
PCWorld.com reviewed the ASUS-made gargantuan tablet with 18.4-inch of screen display called Transformer All-in-One P1801. Aside from the shocking huge size and all-in-one PC capability, what makes it different from other similar devices is the ability to run both Microsoft Windows 8 and Android 4.1.1 Jellybean.
The unusual combination of dual-operating system is accessible by switching between the two by tapping a button along the right edge of the tablet. The switch seems to be working without any problems, making both Windows and Android run in one device possible.
The Transformer giant also holds two processors - the docking station with an Intel Core i5 or i7 and the device itself has NVIDIA Tegra 3.
Even with its gargantuan size, two processors, and two opposite OS, this ASUS Transformer has a starting price of $1,299 with 1TB hard drive in the base station and 32GB inside the tablet. The giant device was already shown at the CES 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2