Asus Reveals New Tablet in MWC: Powerful Intel Atom Combining Windows, Android OS
By Ryan Inoyori | February 26, 2013 12:07 PM EST
The Taiwanese manufacturer ASUS and co-creator of the Nexus 4 announced on Monday an Android tablet with Intel Atom processor installed. The company unveiled the information at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona with will lead to more power for the Android ecosystem using the Clover Trail feature of the processor.
"Today's announcements build on Intel's growing device portfolio across a range of mobile market segments. In less than a year's time we have worked closely with our customers to bring Intel-based smartphones to market in more than 20 countries around the world, and have also delivered an industry-leading low-power Atom SoC (System-on-a-chip) tablet solution running Windows 8," The Australian quoted Intel Vice President Hermann Eul.
ASUS is known for merging technologies and using them to run either on Windows or Android.
PCWorld.com reviewed the ASUS-made gargantuan tablet with 18.4-inch of screen display called Transformer All-in-One P1801. Aside from the shocking huge size and all-in-one PC capability, what makes it different from other similar devices is the ability to run both Microsoft Windows 8 and Android 4.1.1 Jellybean.
The unusual combination of dual-operating system is accessible by switching between the two by tapping a button along the right edge of the tablet. The switch seems to be working without any problems, making both Windows and Android run in one device possible.
The Transformer giant also holds two processors - the docking station with an Intel Core i5 or i7 and the device itself has NVIDIA Tegra 3.
Even with its gargantuan size, two processors, and two opposite OS, this ASUS Transformer has a starting price of $1,299 with 1TB hard drive in the base station and 32GB inside the tablet. The giant device was already shown at the CES 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?