Top 5 Features to Expect from Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date on March 14
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 26, 2013 10:41 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S4 is the next generation of the popular Galaxy S series. New rumours claimed that the much awaited Samsung Galaxy S4 will be launched on March 14 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
Early this morning Eldar Murtazin, of large Russian site Mobile-Review, tweeted that people should save the date for March 14th, teasing a big announcement. SamMobile picked up the tweet, which lines up nicely with previously rumoured March Galaxy S4 launch dates and could tie into the supposed Galaxy S4 release date in the middle of April.
The latest news on the rumour mill of the Galaxy S4 is that the handset will include high end features such as 5G WiFi, 5-inch Full HD screen display, 13MP camera and a quad core processor.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is rumoured to feature an Exynos 5 Octa (8-Core) CPU, Mali-T678 (8-Core) GPU, 4.99″ SuperAMOLED Full HD Resolution Display, 2GB of RAM, 13 Megapixel Rear facing Camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD Videos at 30FPS, 2 Megapixel front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD Videos and run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box.
Reports claimed that the successor of the Galaxy S3 may come with a hefty price tag as much as $400 under contract because of the high end specs and features to be included in the device. However, with the inclusion of an eight core processor, full HD flexible screen displays among others may affect the price range of the smartphone.
Below are the top five features that consumers should expect to the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4.
It seems that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will sport a 5 inch Full HD screen display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixel resolution.
It is more likely that the new GS4 S4 will arrive with a quad-core processor. Rumours suggest it will be a 2GHz Exynos 5 processor based on ARM's Cortex-A15 architecture, although the Galaxy Note 8 smartphone-cum-tablet unveiled at Mobile World Congress this week shipped with a quad-core 1.6GHz Exynos 4 processor, albeit powering a lower resolution screen.
If Samsung wants to take a bite on Apple's sales, it should upgrade the storage options of the handset. However, given that Samsung includes an SD card slot in its high-end smartphones, it's almost certain the base storage will remain at 16GB to keep prices as low as possible, which is also a great move of Samsung. Samsung Galaxy S3 was available at 16GB, 32GB and 64GB storage options.
In order to power the high resolution screen and quad core processor, Samsung needs to improve the battery life of the new handset. Rumour has it that the GS4 will have a 2,600 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is bound to have a more solid and luxurious design and improve the plastic-like build that makes the device lightweight.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones