Janet Jackson And Qatari Tycoon Wissam Al Mana, 'We're Already Married'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 26, 2013 8:56 AM EST
Two months after the revelation of her engagement, Janet Jackson announced Monday that she is already married to Qatari tycoon Wissam Al Mana.
In late December, Us Weekly divulged that the couple got engaged earlier in 2012, with Al Mana giving Jackson "a huge, expensive ring."
A source told the gossip magazine the two planned to marry in the spring of 2013 in Al Mana's home country of Qatar, the small Persian Gulf state, and that he was reportedly going to fly her friends and family in on private jets.
"He wants to get a top chef to create a custom menu," the source said.
Another source told the magazine the gala was projected to "cost millions" and to be "a circus."
But the pop star revealed to Entertainment Tonight Monday that the rumors are not true as she and Al Mana are already married.
"The rumors regarding an extravagant wedding are simply not true. Last year we were married in a quiet, private, and beautiful ceremony," the couple told ET exclusively.
"Our wedding gifts to one another were contributions to our respective favorite children’s charities. We would appreciate that our privacy is respected and that we are allowed this time for celebration and joy. With love, Wissam and Janet."
This will be Jackson's third marriage. The singer was also notably dating Jermaine Dupri for many years, but the two split in 2009.
Al Mana, whom is 11 years Jackson's junior at 37, comes from a wealthy family that runs 50 companies in the Gulf region, including ventures in real estate, automotive distribution, engineering and construction, retail, food services and media, according to Extra.
He also runs his own Al Mana Luxury Company and serves as director of fashion portfolios, alongside two of his brothers.
Extra asserts that despite being worth $200 million, Al Mana is quite laid back and usually wears jeans and sneakers to work. His interests include photography and design.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS