Altera says Intel to manufacturing future chips
By Noel Randewich | February 26, 2013 8:28 AM EST
Altera and rival Xilinx together dominate the market for programmable microchips and access to Intel's industry-leading fabs could give it a major advantage.
"Altera gains a tremendous competitive advantage at the high end in that we are the only major (programmable chip) company with access to this technology," Altera said in a press release on Monday.
Shares of Altera were unchanged in extended trading after closing down 0.96 percent at $35.01.
(Reporting By Noel Randewich; Editing by Gary Hill)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight