S&P 500 posts worst day since November
February 26, 2013 8:21 AM EST
The S&P 500 suffered its worst decline since November 7 on Monday in a sharp reversal from initial gains as elections in Italy stoked concerns that a divided parliament could disrupt the country's fiscal reforms and the euro zone's stability.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> slid 216.40 points, or 1.55 percent, to end unofficially at 13,784.17. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> dropped 27.75 points, or 1.83 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,487.85. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> lost 45.57 points, or 1.44 percent, to close unofficially at 3,116.25.
(Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch; Editing by Jan Paschal)
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown