S&P 500 posts worst day since November
February 26, 2013 8:21 AM EST
The S&P 500 suffered its worst decline since November 7 on Monday in a sharp reversal from initial gains as elections in Italy stoked concerns that a divided parliament could disrupt the country's fiscal reforms and the euro zone's stability.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> slid 216.40 points, or 1.55 percent, to end unofficially at 13,784.17. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> dropped 27.75 points, or 1.83 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,487.85. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> lost 45.57 points, or 1.44 percent, to close unofficially at 3,116.25.
(Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch; Editing by Jan Paschal)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?