United and Bayern Fighting Over Lewandowski as Agent Hints at Exit – Report
By Adrian Back | February 26, 2013 5:28 AM EST
Manchester United and Bayern Munich may well end up competing for the signature of Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski after his agent hinted that he may leave the club in the summer.
Both sides have been consistently linked with the Poland international for some time, with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson watching the striker in action last season in the German Cup final as he scored a hat-trick against Bayern.
In recent weeks there has been a suggestion that Lewandowski is wanted by Bayern and that Pep Guardiola, who takes charge of the club in the summer, is keen to bring the striker to Munich.
Lewandowski is under contract until the summer of 2014 but his agent has said that he has already made a decision on his future and strongly suggested that the forward may well look to leave the German champions at the end of the season.
"Robert has taken his decision," said Lewandowski's representative Cezary Kucharsk. "It is up to him to decide when to announce it. If you have followed Robert's career so far, you will know Robert never played at one club for more than two years.
"He is in his third year at Dortmund now. If you can read between the lines, you will know what that means."
The Daily Mail has reported that salary may be a factor as Lewandowski is well behind the top earners at the club and is reported to earn just £2million-a-year.
Having scored 30 goals in all competitions last season and a further 21 in this campaign, there is sure to be plenty of interest and the paper seems to think that Manchester United and Bayern will both attempt to sign him in the summer.
Manchester United are some 12 points clear at the top of the Premier League and do have four top class striker at the club, while Bayern are hardly short of options up top and are 17 points clear of second placed Dortmund.
However, should Lewandowski become available then both clubs may well attempt to make room in their squad for a player who is considered one of the top strikers in European football.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'