United and Bayern Fighting Over Lewandowski as Agent Hints at Exit – Report
By Adrian Back | February 26, 2013 5:28 AM EST
Manchester United and Bayern Munich may well end up competing for the signature of Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski after his agent hinted that he may leave the club in the summer.
Both sides have been consistently linked with the Poland international for some time, with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson watching the striker in action last season in the German Cup final as he scored a hat-trick against Bayern.
In recent weeks there has been a suggestion that Lewandowski is wanted by Bayern and that Pep Guardiola, who takes charge of the club in the summer, is keen to bring the striker to Munich.
Lewandowski is under contract until the summer of 2014 but his agent has said that he has already made a decision on his future and strongly suggested that the forward may well look to leave the German champions at the end of the season.
"Robert has taken his decision," said Lewandowski's representative Cezary Kucharsk. "It is up to him to decide when to announce it. If you have followed Robert's career so far, you will know Robert never played at one club for more than two years.
"He is in his third year at Dortmund now. If you can read between the lines, you will know what that means."
The Daily Mail has reported that salary may be a factor as Lewandowski is well behind the top earners at the club and is reported to earn just £2million-a-year.
Having scored 30 goals in all competitions last season and a further 21 in this campaign, there is sure to be plenty of interest and the paper seems to think that Manchester United and Bayern will both attempt to sign him in the summer.
Manchester United are some 12 points clear at the top of the Premier League and do have four top class striker at the club, while Bayern are hardly short of options up top and are 17 points clear of second placed Dortmund.
However, should Lewandowski become available then both clubs may well attempt to make room in their squad for a player who is considered one of the top strikers in European football.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around