United and Bayern Fighting Over Lewandowski as Agent Hints at Exit – Report
By Adrian Back | February 26, 2013 5:28 AM EST
Manchester United and Bayern Munich may well end up competing for the signature of Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski after his agent hinted that he may leave the club in the summer.
Both sides have been consistently linked with the Poland international for some time, with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson watching the striker in action last season in the German Cup final as he scored a hat-trick against Bayern.
In recent weeks there has been a suggestion that Lewandowski is wanted by Bayern and that Pep Guardiola, who takes charge of the club in the summer, is keen to bring the striker to Munich.
Lewandowski is under contract until the summer of 2014 but his agent has said that he has already made a decision on his future and strongly suggested that the forward may well look to leave the German champions at the end of the season.
"Robert has taken his decision," said Lewandowski's representative Cezary Kucharsk. "It is up to him to decide when to announce it. If you have followed Robert's career so far, you will know Robert never played at one club for more than two years.
"He is in his third year at Dortmund now. If you can read between the lines, you will know what that means."
The Daily Mail has reported that salary may be a factor as Lewandowski is well behind the top earners at the club and is reported to earn just £2million-a-year.
Having scored 30 goals in all competitions last season and a further 21 in this campaign, there is sure to be plenty of interest and the paper seems to think that Manchester United and Bayern will both attempt to sign him in the summer.
Manchester United are some 12 points clear at the top of the Premier League and do have four top class striker at the club, while Bayern are hardly short of options up top and are 17 points clear of second placed Dortmund.
However, should Lewandowski become available then both clubs may well attempt to make room in their squad for a player who is considered one of the top strikers in European football.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million