United and Bayern Fighting Over Lewandowski as Agent Hints at Exit – Report
By Adrian Back | February 26, 2013 5:28 AM EST
Manchester United and Bayern Munich may well end up competing for the signature of Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski after his agent hinted that he may leave the club in the summer.
Both sides have been consistently linked with the Poland international for some time, with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson watching the striker in action last season in the German Cup final as he scored a hat-trick against Bayern.
In recent weeks there has been a suggestion that Lewandowski is wanted by Bayern and that Pep Guardiola, who takes charge of the club in the summer, is keen to bring the striker to Munich.
Lewandowski is under contract until the summer of 2014 but his agent has said that he has already made a decision on his future and strongly suggested that the forward may well look to leave the German champions at the end of the season.
"Robert has taken his decision," said Lewandowski's representative Cezary Kucharsk. "It is up to him to decide when to announce it. If you have followed Robert's career so far, you will know Robert never played at one club for more than two years.
"He is in his third year at Dortmund now. If you can read between the lines, you will know what that means."
The Daily Mail has reported that salary may be a factor as Lewandowski is well behind the top earners at the club and is reported to earn just £2million-a-year.
Having scored 30 goals in all competitions last season and a further 21 in this campaign, there is sure to be plenty of interest and the paper seems to think that Manchester United and Bayern will both attempt to sign him in the summer.
Manchester United are some 12 points clear at the top of the Premier League and do have four top class striker at the club, while Bayern are hardly short of options up top and are 17 points clear of second placed Dortmund.
However, should Lewandowski become available then both clubs may well attempt to make room in their squad for a player who is considered one of the top strikers in European football.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced