United and Bayern Fighting Over Lewandowski as Agent Hints at Exit – Report
By Adrian Back | February 26, 2013 5:28 AM EST
Manchester United and Bayern Munich may well end up competing for the signature of Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski after his agent hinted that he may leave the club in the summer.
Both sides have been consistently linked with the Poland international for some time, with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson watching the striker in action last season in the German Cup final as he scored a hat-trick against Bayern.
In recent weeks there has been a suggestion that Lewandowski is wanted by Bayern and that Pep Guardiola, who takes charge of the club in the summer, is keen to bring the striker to Munich.
Lewandowski is under contract until the summer of 2014 but his agent has said that he has already made a decision on his future and strongly suggested that the forward may well look to leave the German champions at the end of the season.
"Robert has taken his decision," said Lewandowski's representative Cezary Kucharsk. "It is up to him to decide when to announce it. If you have followed Robert's career so far, you will know Robert never played at one club for more than two years.
"He is in his third year at Dortmund now. If you can read between the lines, you will know what that means."
The Daily Mail has reported that salary may be a factor as Lewandowski is well behind the top earners at the club and is reported to earn just £2million-a-year.
Having scored 30 goals in all competitions last season and a further 21 in this campaign, there is sure to be plenty of interest and the paper seems to think that Manchester United and Bayern will both attempt to sign him in the summer.
Manchester United are some 12 points clear at the top of the Premier League and do have four top class striker at the club, while Bayern are hardly short of options up top and are 17 points clear of second placed Dortmund.
However, should Lewandowski become available then both clubs may well attempt to make room in their squad for a player who is considered one of the top strikers in European football.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date