Rolex and Apple Named Superbrands of 2013
By Toyin Owoseje | February 26, 2013 5:00 AM EST
Swiss watchmaker Rolex has maintained its crown as the UK's top superbrand.
The luxury goods firm was voted the UK's No 1 consumer brand on the annual list for the second year running, beating Apple and Microsoft, who made second and third place respectively.
Although Apple missed out on the top prize, the manufacturer dethroned car giant Rolls-Royce to be named the No 1 business brand in Britain.
The vote, cast by more than 2,900 British adults, included household names such as Kellogg's (ninth) and Nescafe (20th) and Facebook(14th).
"As consumers remain unsettled and fearful over what feels like endless economic doom and gloom, malpractice in key institutions and a weakening position for Britain in a changing world," said Stephen Cheliotis, chairman of the Superbrands Expert Council.
"It is perhaps no surprise that we are turning to reassuringly familiar brands that we have known throughout our lives - often much-loved British establishments that we still trust, despite recent problems for some.
"In addition, voters recognise newer technology brands that make our lives simpler, happier and better-connected in these difficult times."
Troubled British Airways finished fourth in the top 20 Consumer Superbrands list, drinks giant Coca-Cola ranked fifth, Google came in sixth and Hilton seventh.
Marks & Spencer was the only retailer to achieve top 20 superbrand status after coming 17th place.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate