Is Kanye West Jealous of Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake's New Bromance?
By Toyin Owoseje | February 26, 2013 2:32 AM EST
They are rap BFFs but it looks like Kanye West could be feeling a little put out by his buddy Jay-Z's new bromance with Justin Timberlake.
The Mercy hitmaker, who is expecting his first child with Kim Kardashian, raised eyebrows when he appeared to indirectly attack Jay and JT's budding friendship in a bizarre on-stage rant.
While performing his track Clique at London's Hammersmith Apollo, West went into freestyle and criticised Timberlake's new track, Suit and Tie featuring Jay-Z.
He also used it as an opportunity to air his grievances with corporate sponsors and took a swipe at the Grammy Awards, which he snubbed earlier this month.
"Remind me again why Grammys can suck my d-ck. Remind me again who was the original super fly and I got love for HOV [Jay-Z's alternative name] but I ain't f-cking with that 'Suit & Tie," he told the crowd.
"They trying to put their logos on every concert and shit. For the meet and greet, you gotta meet the execs and their daughters. And they'll show you what they just bought her... "
The 35-year-old hip hop star continued his lengthy tirade by fuming over his lack of sposorship deals.
"So, you gonna help me put on a better show, corporations? Can you please support me? Please? Me, Kanye West," he told the bemused fans.
"I swear I'm a nice leader now. I swear I'll put the pink polo back on. I swear to you. Please. Just for $3 million. I need it so bad. I need a pool in my backyard! So I'll tell all my fans your shit is cool. And if they believe in me, then they'll also believe in you."
West could be upset about the fact that Jay-Z and Timberlake have been spending a lot of time together lately.
Not only did they recently appear on stage together at the Grammys to perform, they have also been confirmed as the headline acts for the 2013 Wireless Festival.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan