BlackBerry Z10 Sales Are Moving Faster Than Expected, BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins Says
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 25, 2013 10:46 PM EST
After a couple of analysts said that the sales of BlackBerry's flagship smartphone were far below the estimate, BlackBerry has claimed that its sales are growing faster than expected and this has also led to an increase in the smartphone production.
The company does not want to disclose sales figures of BlackBerry 10 smartphone which was launched last month.
The company had observed the trend in sales a bit longer, BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung in an interview, according to Reuters.
"We are above our own expectations and our target was thoroughly ambitious," said Heins. "The fact is, we were surprised by the good reaction and we've increased our production capacity in the meantime," he added.
In spite of many good reviews and strong initial sales for BlackBerry Z10, many analysts slashed their sales estimates for the BlackBerry flagship smartphone.
T.Michael Walkley of Canaccord and James Facuette of Pacific Crest Securities had predicted that BlackBerry Z10 sales were moving far below the estimate and would only sell nearly 300,000 BB10 devices in the first quarter of this year.
The delay in launching BlackBerry Z10 in the U.S. market might be one of the reasons for the analysts to cut their sales estimates.
BlackBerry initially rolled out its touchscreen version Z10 smartphone in Canada and the United Kingdom and later launched it globally, except in Japan and South Korea due to sluggish sales in both countries.
The keyboard version Q10 is likely to hit the Canadian market in April, while the U.S. is expected to get BlackBerry Z10 in the month of March and BlackBerry Q10 will go on sale after few weeks the U.S. carrier releases the touch screen model.
Key Specification of BlackBerry Z10
Display: 4.2 inch touch screen with 1280 X 768 pixel resolution
Processor: Dual-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus with 1.5 GHz clock speed
Operating system: BlackBerry 10 OS
Storage: 16 GB built-in memory, expandable up to 64GB
Camera: 8.0 megapixel rear and 2.0 megapixel front facing camera
Network: 4G/LTE and 3G
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report