Katrina Kaif Announced as Brand Ambassador for Sony Xperia
By Sanchita Mukherjee | February 25, 2013 8:18 PM EST
This announcement comes in at a time when Sony is looking to expand its market base in the country. This association is intended to foster Sony's brand image and visibility throughout the country.
"We are looking to capture more of the youth market and believe Katrina is an adept choice as she is widely admired as a youth-icon. Her charismatic personality epitomises Xperia's ideology of being innovative, fun and stylish and makes her fit seamlessly into the brand", stated Tadato Kimura, Head, Marketing, Sony India.
"We welcome Katrina to the Sony family and we hope this association to be a phenomenal success."
Sony has signed a two-year deal with Katrina. She will start endorsing the Xperia series from March 2013 onwards.
The actress expressing her enthusiasm at the affiliation said, "I am thrilled to represent a brand like Sony that I have been connected with as a consumer for many years from the time I got my first Walkman. And now with my association with Xperia, I look forward to explore the brand proposition even further."
Sony launched the Xperia Tipo, Tipo Dual and Xperia SL within the top-end Xperia range in India last year. The Sony Xperia Z and Xperia ZL, the company's new flagships, are expected to launch in the country soon.
Xperia is gradually becoming essential for Sony's business and market hold in India. The company plans to triple its investment to ₹300 crore for the marketing of Xperia in FY13. With Katrina, Sony aims to boost the brand's visibility in India.
This isn't the first time Katrina bagged a deal with the Japan-based company. She had launched the BlackBerry Curve 9220 in the India market last year, before actor Ranbir Kapoor was signed in as brand ambassador of the BlackBerrry range.
Another top actress, Kareena Kapoor, was announced as Sony's brand ambassador in 2010, when Sony Ericsson XPERIA and VIVAZ phones were first launched in India. She is currently the brand ambassador for the Sony Vaio notebook range.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys